Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Just picked this up this morning and popped it in.

Edit 1:

So it's been on 10 minutes and I'm hooked.

The headshot issue has been sorted and the bad guys now go down in one if you put a bullet through their skull. The aiming can now be adjusted so the target moves quicker or slower, depending on your preference. Also, the game gives you hints as you go along, for how to target, do certain combo's and using cover. I've also had great fun grabbing a the bad guys from behind and breaking their necks and also punching them over the side of the boat.

Graphically, I'd say it's the best looking PS3 game yet. ND have got it spot on with the cut scenes and the dialogue suits the game perfectly, with Nate making the odd sarcy comment.

Edit 2:

So I'm about 45 minutes in and 9% through. No real gunplay/fighting apart from the very first part, but plenty of action. Jumping ledges, blowing things up, escaping a wooden bridge that collapses under you... It's just so... Indiana Jones!!! Lots of puzzle solving too, which I'm finding quite enjoyable. Also, if you get stuck for too long or die so many times, the game will give you a hint, which is nice.

Loving the in game dialogue, it really adds a lot to this title.

There are also loads of treasures to find, though if you miss any, you can go back and select a chapter to search for them again. There are also 'achievments' to unlock, such as finding so many treasures or killing so many bad guys in a certain way, so I don't think there will be a lack of replay value for you achievment whores!!!

Anyway, back to the game!!!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

There's nothing more sickening then someone saying they're just about to start playing a game whilst I'm sat here at work*.

*browsing the web

Comment

Ive been waiting for someone to start a first play for this as im 99% sure that this will be my xmas game to indulge in ^_^.

But, damn Mr Superfamifreak, you could have waited till you played the game to start the thread, getting me hopes up LOL!

HURRY UP BIATCH!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
        HURRY UP BIATCH!
        Hehe! A few thoughts have been added.

Comment

Still waiting for mine to arrive, glad you like it so far. Now jealous!

Comment

Good Good, keep em coming son! ^_¬

Sounding good so far............

Are the puzzles quite taxing or are they of the crate moving ilk?

Comment

Have pre ordered the PAL one as i have a fair bit to play at the moment. Great first play impressions. I'm glad they've resolved the 9 frillion bullets to the skull issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                Good Good, keep em coming son! ^_?

Sounding good so far............

Are the puzzles quite taxing or are they of the crate moving ilk?

Not really too taxing. So far it's been mostly adventuring, but I just got into a bit of trouble so gunplay is what's coming next.

I'm really loving the atmosphere in the game and just had one jump back in shock moment as I was sitting too close to the screen.

My only fault with it so far is some occasional tearing, but maybe that's just because I'm playing it on an SDTV?

Comment

There is occassional tearing in HD too. Nothing dramatic and at least the framerate in this consistent.

Comment

30% through now and it's starting to kick my ass

Comment

What difficulty you on? Wait until you do the hardest. There's some real challenging shoot outs.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                        What difficulty you on? Wait until you do the hardest. There's some real challenging shoot outs.
                        Playing through on normal. I can see this getting played A LOT!

Comment

The review on gamespot said the balance between shooting and platforming wasnt great (cant remember which way around it was but aparently theres loads of one and little of the other?) has this been aparent to anyone else whos played this yet?

Comment

I'd say it's more shooting than anything else. Shooting, platforming followed by puzzles. Would of liked more puzzles personally. Still, I found it quite enjoyable.
                            Last edited by hudson; 23-11-2007, 16:09.

Comment

My copy hasn't arrived yet but just wanted to point out that it's been found that US copies played on a Japanese console will remove all blood from the game.

Apparently a Resistance style save download won't get over this problem either. Bit disappointing really but still looking forward to this

Comment

Working...
                              X