No announcement yet.

Castle Crashers (XBLA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After playing the trial, i was massively impressed, reminded me of golden axe, but with steroids and maybe acid mixed in. So ordered some points and purchased it. Got to the first "boss" and finished him. Was loading into the next area, thinking, this would be the perfect game if there were some random creatures i could ride..... Low and behold, a dragon / lizard appeared that i could ride. This is now my #1 Arcade game, depending on the downloadable content available in the future. this is going to be a quality purchase!! Loving it!

Az

Comment

Has anyone managed any sustained 4 player online games yet? A couple of the online reviews are suggesting that it is incredibily difficult to find games, and when you do eventually find them people get disconnected.

Comment

The music for this is certainly a grower - first impressions were that the majority of it seemed out of place and then today I've found myself humming the weird little tune from the first forest level without even realising it.

Do do do-do, do do do-do do, do do do-do....

Comment

I played the demo and really like it. Not sure if I'm buying it though as I have many retro games and I don't buy market place games and never have done.

I was reading a review of it on gamecentral teletext and they loved it but they said the online side of it needs a patch!

Comment

I just noticed i have unlocked another magical skill. I can now use my magic to launch myself high in the air. The combat in this game is so rich and deep! God i love this game!

Comment

Just a little tip for those who might be having small problems with Game Saves, it seems randomly when you load the game up it wont load your save, so you have to restart at level 1 again etc.... But... If this happens, go back to the main screen, sign out of your profile, then log back in. and, taa daa, your profile will be back along with your knight loaded back up!! Helped me majorly.

Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                Has anyone managed any sustained 4 player online games yet? A couple of the online reviews are suggesting that it is incredibily difficult to find games, and when you do eventually find them people get disconnected.
                I think you are right.

Infact i'm actualy yet to find a game!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                  I think you are right.

Infact i'm actualy yet to find a game!
                  There is an article on Eurogamer this morning which says a patch will be available very soon as they are aware of the issue.

Castle Crashers developer The Behemoth is "working with Microsoft to get a patch out as fast as possible" to fix multip…

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                    I just noticed i have unlocked another magical skill. I can now use my magic to launch myself high in the air. The combat in this game is so rich and deep! God i love this game!
                    The magic system is great! The gameplay wasn't really doing it for me until I figured out all the magic attacks I'd unlocked. Firing aerial projectiles is awesome!

Really enjoying this game now, initially it was just for the lovely designs and incidental touches, but when you get further in the combat gets much more satisfying.

Love the soundtrack too, and how it flits about from dramatic to silly!

Comment

It is in fact awesome, much better than Alien Hominid. The depth that is there for unlocking and upgrading characters and it is just really fun even for a hack and slash 2D platformer.

Bring back the good old days! Far better than the tripe released recently for retail.

Comment

I'm in love with the soundtrack myself, just wish they would release it on itunes or something.

Comment

Based on the demo, this seems excellent, and I'm sorely tempted to drop the points on it. From my perspective, and boosted with the recent gems, XBLA has been a fantastic source of gaming.

Comment

I gave in last night and had some online two player action with one of my friends. Some levels are great, and I can see the combat getting better as you level up. No problems with lag or disconnections, but the guy I was doing the levels with only stays around 10 miles away. It was very smooth and although we were playing a local game (as in same machine).
                            We only played a wee bit through it, but I wasn't a fan of the 'chase' level. Reminded me too much on a poor crash bandicoot level.
                            I must say I'm not a fan of the endless toilet humour, and I hope that the later levels are not just a series of turd jokes!
                            Despite my grumps the combat is decent, and as many others have said the whole game has a good swipe of the 'Golden Axe' about it, even with the villagers running away from the carnage at the start.

Comment

I loved the turd jokes Me and my mate burst out laughing when we saw the first one.

I thought the writing on the first arena wall was hilarious too, "That's the last turd out of you!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                                I'm in love with the soundtrack myself, just wish they would release it on itunes or something.
                                from that very first bit when your head banging in the castle its all very nicely done, was quite surprised by the range of diffrent music on offer here, every level seems to have its own style of music its a sonic treat that puts some full priced release soundtracks to shame.

Comment

Working...
                                X