No announcement yet.

Blazblue (PS3/360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a bit annoying but there is a separate volume setting for voices so if you wanted to you can turn them right down. I'm leaving it for the moment as they often shout the names of the moves which helps me to learn.

Comment

ah thats good news, cheers

Comment

I set mine to Music 100, voice 80, effects 90 and cranked the amp up a bit to get the game sounding good. The voices are no worse than certain other fighters and far less annoying compared to Mamoru-kun, the other game I'm playing, which is seriously getting on my tits.

I absolutely adore this game. It looks way sexy, its fast, simple to pick up but with plenty of depth and uber satisfying. Some of the Distortion and Astral finishes are way cool. And the online is very well done, apart from the first few seconds of sync'ing before the match.

Comment

Another day another ass-kicking.. at least this time I found some opponents of a similar rank, however I still only won 3 matches out of around 18 played. I noticed the game keeps track of these statistics (and unfinished matches) on a kind of personalised game card.. it's looking rather embarrassing at the moment so perhaps I should stop playing online lol.

Problem is I'm sure it's the only way to really learn. I did have some fun despite everything today, particularly versus the vampire Rachel - that fight was very tactical as the other player was laying down his traps and trying to get me to walk into them.. but he didn't seem TOO confident so I had some room to think. It was a relief compared to some of the fights where the player seems to know exactly what to input to keep me caught in an endless attack.

There is a get out of jail thing, the barrier burst - I wrongly identified this earlier as the one I got a trophy for, but that was the barrier crush. Barrier burst interrupts almost any attack but at the cost of losing your defense gauge. Playing as Ragna I haven't been doing much defending anyway... it seems if he isn't constantly on the attack then he's doomed.

(for reference barrier crush is when the opponent guards too much and they get stunned as a penalty)

Saved some replays too, my two victories for posterity and one of my shameful defeats for analysis. The replay feature seems really nice, and I think it might be possible to extract the files from the XMB and share them.

Comment

anyone know if the jp version has an english text option?

Comment

Yes it does. So far it's been pretty pointless though, the story is completely nonsensical anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                Yes it does. So far it's been pretty pointless though, the story is completely nonsensical anyway!
                Its probably a huge improvement over SFIVs.

Comment

Gotta love Bang... one of his special moves kicks off his own special theme tune that replaces the stage music lol

Comment

Is this game a beat em up like street fighter or more like final fight?
                    Where has everyone in the UK been ordering this from also? seen it on Movietyme for £45.
                    Is it coming out in the UK?

Comment

I ordered mine from ebay. £49.45 delivered.
                      The thing with Movietyme i've noticed is that they still take orders even though they might have sold out or can't get a hold of the item. Which happened with me and Professor Layton.

Blazblue is a 2d fighting game like Guilty Gear/SF.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                        Neither did any of the Guilty Gears, but it's a nice addition and a good training in between online matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                          I ordered mine from ebay. ?49.45 delivered.
                          The thing with Movietyme i've noticed is that they still take orders even though they might have sold out or can't get a hold of the item. Which happened with me and Professor Layton.

Blazblue is a 2d fighting game like Guilty Gear/SF.
                          OK thanks for letting me know, seen it on Ebay for under ?40 inc P&P from HK, unless the LE version is really worth it.
                          Has anyone got the Limited Edition of this game for PS3 are the bonuses worth it, game soundtracks usually don't do anything for me.

Comment

Actually I've done a couple of the characters and their alternate endings now and it seems like something of a jigsaw puzzle - you don't get the full picture from any one story but other characters make things a little clearer. The first time into it though, you'll be like WTF!

Getting 100% completion is a little counter-intuitive too, as getting defeated by an opponent adds 1% to your total. That means to unlock the secret stuff you need to get to every optional path and then win AND lose.. :/

Comment

I would say the limited edition is well worth it. But then you need to like cheesy rock solos to even appreciate its soundtrack. I have no idea whats on the bluray disc, but i'm guessing its something like an experts guide or something, kind of like the dvd discs you would see with the cave games.

Comment

This looks like a must have for me as I love 2D fighters. Nice to see that there are some developers out there who haven't turned their back on 2D games. I have Guilty Gear X on DC so am familiar with the fighting mechanics.

This along with KOF 12 are keeping the 2D scene alive, Capcom please take note!

Comment

Working...
                                X