No announcement yet.

Blazblue (PS3/360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soggy biscuits all round then. Not good.

Comment

Bit surprised to hear all of the disappointed tones in here, I personally thought this was ASW's best yet and had a fantastic console port as the cherry on top.

Comment

Well, to be fair to the moaners it does seem pretty similar to GG, if perhaps on a superficial level more than anything else.

It's a damn nice port though. Just played a few minutes of arcade mode, poked around in the options... very impressed here so far. I look forward to having my left thumb broken by the DualShock's dpad. <_<

Comment

I never played GG but I love Blazblue and voted it as one of my GOTY from last year. Speaking of which shouldn't we be seeing some results on that by now?

Comment

I'm generally terrible at 2D fighters, but I do enjoy them. Always loved GG - haven't played every version, or even that much of the versions I have played! But I've owned variants on a few different systems and there was never anything else quite like it. The developers' pedigree was definitely one major reason I was interested in BlazBlue.

Comment

I need some buddies to play this with! Im a complete noob, never played this or Guilty Gear. Add me for some gamage please!

Gamertag - MrKirov

Comment

I'll give you a game. Just send me a message.
                We can rekindle the Tekken rivalry

Comment

PSN, unfortunately. Anyone who wants to utterly humiliate me with their fighter of choice is welcome to add my nick though. (Eight Rooks. I think. Never can remember whether I used a space, underscore, or all one word. >_> )

Comment

Was a printed guide ever released for this? i hate having to stop the game and go through menus when i could just have it by the side of me instead

bri

Comment

Bleh. Struggling to muster the will to 100&#37; story mode. Got the True Ending path and completed everyone but sorry, cheeseboss is simply not on when he can beat me in less than five seconds, then I have to spend at least ten times that getting back to him; get trashed by unlimited Hakumen, have to go back to menu, reload, sit through cutscene, beat regular Hakumen, then sit through the second bloody cutscene yet again even if they are sped up. There's simply no excuse not to be able to instantly skip straight to the fight - it's astonishing Soul Caliber's still pretty much the only franchise to have got this right, where every time you lose, doesn't matter what mode, it's just hammer wildly on start and you continue. Ten seconds is an eternity in these games; developers should be aware of that, and program accordingly.

Doesn't help I simply cannot take on Hakumen consistently at all, AI or otherwise. I'm getting a little better, but it still doesn't negate my argument... I mean Christ, even Nu doesn't feel quite so... annoying. Sigh. It's just frustrating - I know I can read a FAQ, but I really, really like the story mode, other than a couple of nasty flaws I think it's fantastic (startlingly well written, too), and I'd like to be able to finish it off properly.

Oh, well. 'Nuff venting. I'll probably still try and buy Continuum Shift at some point in the future, and it's not as if I haven't been **** at 2D fighters in the past. All the same. *sniff*

Comment

Not to piss on your chips, but if you think he's bad you should try Ultimate Ragna at the end of score attack mode

Comment

I find Unlimited Ragna much more manageable than Hakumen in story mode, you get to UR with a character you know to use and he can't Astral Finish you even before hitting the attack button.

Comment

No, he isn't that bad; like I said, when he can take you out in a few seconds and you have to wait for what feels like five minutes before fighting him again, that's where the frustration comes from. I may be pretty crap at 2D fighters, but I can take much worse if I can just jump straight back in. </shrug>

Comment

Working...
                            X