Call of Duty Ghosts review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty Ghosts review

My copy arrived today from Simply Games and I have only bought it to pass the time and compare it to PS4 version when it comes out. My playtime has been multiplayer only so far as I am saving the story for the PS4 release.

Ok, so in essence it is MW3 with more modes and maps. The usual quick play exists and of course the LAG, but that was to be expected. IW claim to have addressed this for PS4 but I guess we will wait and see.

There is ton of load outs for the characters and these will take some unlocking. Marathon running from MW2 is back and is available from the get go and the reason soon becomes obvious, the maps are huge, so a lot of running is required and it will take some time to get the know the maps in detail.

The graphics are not as a sharp and all seem a bit washed out, so much so it marks it hard to the see the other players sometimes. Again, maybe this will improve on PS4?

So I have been playing Team Death match and a couple of Free For All games. Team Death match is god fun, only spoiled by the lag. The GOOD NEWS is so far I have not seen a single quick scoper! I will play extinction tonight when it is dark and post an update then.

So, so far, more of the same, laggy, but with bigger maps and slightly washed out graphics. Multiplayer has 11,168 players online as I type, no doubt tomorrow that number will go off the clock and we will get a real feel for he lag issue.

As for Hackers, I had one game with a guy at level 60 and no Prestige Emblem (same as in MW3)...., I think he was hacker
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Update:

Yep the lag is there for those like me with fast connections, 70MB. As usual you are shot, watch the replay he sees you, shoots at you and you haven't seen him. Not too bad some of the time but the odd game is really bad, slow connections win again. So fingers crossed for PS4.

Aside from that it really seems the same game as MW3 online. There is still no evidence of quickscopers (great!!) and as it is so easy to get killed , the killstreaks haven't been abundant either. Off out for some grub now.

Comment

Ghost's MP is all about the squad (or bot) mode for me... so in case you haven't noticed: no need to play against hackers and 24/7 CoD nerds anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
        Ghost's MP is all about the squad (or bot) mode for me... so in case you haven't noticed: no need to play against hackers and 24/7 CoD nerds anymore!
        Yeah but I am glutton for punishment

Comment

Haven't played a CoD since Black Ops. Before that, MW1. I do enjoy the MP though (can't be bothered with SP). I'm looking forward to this. Going to get it on PS4.

Comment

Been umming and aahing whether to get the WiiU version to pad the next few weeks till next gen and help me decide whether to get credit for a season pass. Heard this has 13 maps which is almost the lowest yet I think.

Comment

So just so im clear there is a bot mode available in multiplayer for this? I played that mode for hours on Black Ops 2 last year, for one thing i just dont get on that well with online as i nearly almost end up playing with complete morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                But then you don't get any feeling from winning.

Originally posted by jim g View Post
                Update:

Yep the lag is there for those like me with fast connections, 70MB.
                Latency is related to ping, not bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
                  Update:

Yep the lag is there for those like me with fast connections, 70MB. As usual you are shot, watch the replay he sees you, shoots at you and you haven't seen him. Not too bad some of the time but the odd game is really bad, slow connections win again. So fingers crossed for PS4.

Aside from that it really seems the same game as MW3 online. There is still no evidence of quickscopers (great!!) and as it is so easy to get killed , the killstreaks haven't been abundant either. Off out for some grub now.
                  I've seen people moan about this in the past two Call of Duty threads, I myself as explained before have had all different types of connection over the past 3-4 years, ranging from 10mb up to now 100mb and never had I had a problem with lag before, neither has my friend who used to have a terrible Wi-Fi connection that dropped out a lot and now has a solid 60mb connection.

Anyways hopefully this will all be sorted finally for the next-gen and everyone's connection will be fine.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Latency is related to ping, not bandwidth.
                  That could be some of it I guess, still strange how some ISP's or locations have caused such a problem in the Call of Duty games

Comment

I've had high and low ping connections in COD games (PC). The result is always the same: the kill-cam depicts and entirely different series of events to what I witnessed.

Comment

So, lag again eh! What a surprise!

I'd like to think this will all get sorted & will be great for the next gen, but i just wonder if we'll get more of the same

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                        I've had high and low ping connections in COD games (PC). The result is always the same: the kill-cam depicts and entirely different series of events to what I witnessed.
                        I think you and I had pretty much the same experience with MW3, and is exactly why I'll be sticking with BF4 this time around.

Comment

So I played Free For All, Team Deathmatch and Kill Confirmed so far. The maps being so big means even in TD you can be on your own quite a bit, but nowhere near as much as FFA. I have enjoyed playing despite the odd lag issue, but it is not a step forward from MW3. The load outs of the weapons and the player, there is just too many permutations, it really is silly now and you can spend hours pratting about with these. And, worst all the Akimbo, run like a dick and kill everyone before they can shoot you nonsense is back from MW2 to please the 10 year olds....

Having seen the review of it on PS4, it looks better on there, so here's hoping! Failing that Killzone is shaping up to be good.

MW1 still remains the best by a mile, simple load ups and upgrade, tight maps and only UAV, Airstrike and Helicopter, truly a great game they should do a Next Gen version of.

Comment

Had a few games on MP on the 360. Visuals are defo very pastel coloured, & not as nice looking, but that could be due to IW having to give a little to the bigger maps. The maps are actually pretty nice this time round.

The perks system is just too much this time round. too much fiddling to be done there.

Nice little extra missions style thingy where u pick up a blue briefcase for awards.

Nice to see they've included a bot mode for the 1st time in the IW series
                            Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 05-11-2013, 13:21.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                              Nice to see they've included a bot mode for the 1st time in the IW series
                              it's not just a bot mode, it's fully integrated into the MP levelling system. that's the main reason i buy this game. the generic and USA centric campaign will most likely bore me. i just hope it's not such a mess as BO2.

Comment

Working...
                              X