No announcement yet.

Destiny Public BETA [PS4 / PS3 / 360 / XBO] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you get this - cant see anything on psn?

Comment

Finished the strike section there, but mainly due to the guys I was with, I died 20 times during it! I think I'll take a punt on the game when it comes out. I enjoy the mission co-op, though it would be better to play with friends and comms I'd say. Not interested in the 6 vs 6 matches and stuff like that, I'm just no use at that aspect of online gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
        How do you get this - cant see anything on psn?
        You had to register on the website a few days back

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          You had to register on the website a few days back
          Ahh,

Missed it!

Comment

Will anything earned in the beta carry over in to the actual game?

Comment

Ahh,

Missed it!
              If you are looking for a code check out the Gamefaqs Destiny message board, people have been handing out codes on there and they apparently work.

Comment

Done a few hours now, only thing untried seems to be the Strike mission which I didn't get to for reasons I'll explain further down. Boris is spot on about the visuals, whilst Bungie knows how to layer its low res 2D backgrounds and up close objects to make a gorgeous vista the game is incredibly current gen. Some areas have enough spot effects to look nice, some look years behind the curve. Any hopes of smart AI in at least the general enemies are either misplaced or must be reserved for legendary as they're pretty dumb enemies I've stumbled across a dark den of enemies who were far above my level which seems to be where the difficulty comes from.

Controls seem fine though, like with everything else it's very Halo like if not quite as fluid. My only real issue on this front is something that I usually don't mind, the framerate. I dunno, this feels slightly rough around the edges which isn't really an issue in the main game where the pace is slower but in PVP mode it makes for an experience that feels very much below most other FPS rivals, pretty rough around the edges. I certainly wouldn't see myself spending much time on it which feels odd considering who has made this.

Everything seems to run fine though, I only had one issue. I was wandering around the landscape lone wolfing for enemies and loot when the game lost its connection to match making. Rather than go to solo play and remove the one other person mooching about nearby it booted me back to the Destination screen losing me all my progress. If that's going to the case with the final game heads will roll. I don't know to be honest, I need to play some more. At the moment it looks alright, plays alright and is generally alright. The bland facade doesn't help to cover up the monotony like Borderlands cheek tongue does. I can see me getting this when it comes out but once Borderlands, Halo, BFH etc all hit I can't imagine I'd stay playing it. See how the Strike mission goes tomorrow.

Comment

Devil Walker status:

☑ rekt ☐ not rekt

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                    If you are looking for a code check out the Gamefaqs Destiny message board, people have been handing out codes on there and they apparently work.
                    Thanks for this, managed to get one!

Comment

My email code turned up tonight better late than never

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                        Devil Walker status:

☑ rekt ☐ not rekt

Oh dear, sitting camping in a corner......

Comment

Oh dear, sitting camping in a corner......
                          And?

5char

Comment

Went from not being on my radar to will buy, I quite enjoyed the openness of the level you get, team up with Jimtendo and cleared few missions to get a feel for the game, and did a fair few rounds of PvP, which was 6v6 capture points. Definitely has some learning curve with the all the instant death you can dish out with the special abilities, most seem to go in using the L1 attack then special weapon or just destroy you with the charged special or heavy weapon, so defence is jump out the way of splash damage or crouch so your off radar and surprise them.

Comment

wish i had a PS4 to test it myself. watching footage just doesn't cut it. oh well, guess it's back to Borderlands 2 then

graphics analysis of the alpha code is up on EG:
                              As its first cross-generation, multi-platform release, Destiny represents a huge undertaking for Bungie. With just a sc…

not a word on AI, sound or controls unfortunately...

Comment

The AI seems no worse than most FPS games to my mind. Again its the Strikes where the challenge is, and ive had a few Elite type moments so far in my play sessions. Lots more than say Wolfenstien for instance. I cant wait for the full game to come out, but then again i loved WoW and Diablo back in the day (im a loot whore at heart)

Getting into the 6 player strikes/raids will be a lot of fun for me at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X