Most cash you've ever spent on a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which AES games do you have Stu?
    The ones that cost that much or close? Garou and Metal Slug 3. KoF2002 is next, very soon. All my others were a lot cheaper. Next closest in price is Viewpoint, which was ?100.

Comment

?550 for complete Quadrun for Atari 2600...

Oh modern systems you mean... hmmm... well ?140 for SC2 and 2 arcade sticks coming very shortly I guess...

Just software... probably ?80 for SF2 Turbo Japanese SNES on release...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Scythe
        Originally posted by Riskbreaker
        About ?180 on GC Phantasy Star Online

?90 for Game with Modem
        ?60-?70 for keyboard
        ?30 for GC BBA

at the time worth it just to be one of the first on there, but after the Sega balls up not worth it at all, just sits there gathering dust. Still you live and learn

Best purchase was ?80-90 for Sin and Punishment and the N64 convertor. I've played that game more than I care to think about
        I only paid ?50 for SaP....is it worth something now?
        No. It's very common in Japan.

Comment

You can pick up Sin and Punishment in the UK for ?30 new.

Originally posted by Treble
          KoF2002 is next, very soon.
          I am very tempted to get this game, but I don't know if I can afford another big spend out

Comment

It's been ages since I paid anything like that, so i'm ready for a big spend. plus, I haven't bought a full price game since Christmas time, so have easily saved the money.

Look at it this way: a lot of people posting above have pre-ordered 4 or 5 games at ?40-odd a pop (so roughly ?200), and have probably bought at least 4 new titles since Christmas. It's all about both budget and perspective.

Comment

lol, nice way to justify it to yourself stu

Personally, I would prefer to buy KOF2k2 when it comes out on ps2. OK it might not be quite as good in some respects (i presume) but I would rather do it that way and save ?200. However I can completely understand why people prefer to go for the home cart version.

Comment

Ok bud, you show me the laundry list of games you buy after your first paycheck and your creddie card bill's paid off. Then we'll talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
                  It's been ages since I paid anything like that, so i'm ready for a big spend. plus, I haven't bought a full price game since Christmas time, so have easily saved the money.

Look at it this way: a lot of people posting above have pre-ordered 4 or 5 games at ?40-odd a pop (so roughly ?200), and have probably bought at least 4 new titles since Christmas. It's all about both budget and perspective.

I like your logic

Sadly I have already paid for 3 preorders this month and I bought a copy of Alien Soldier. An extra ?200 would be a bit greedy.

Comment

Individual games -

The highest has been in the 100 mark for Tekken 2, SF2 and several others.

I suppose you could say -

650 quid for Ridge Racer PSX because I bought a JPN PS for it at launch and 650 quid for Ridge Racer V because I bought a JPN PS2 launch for that alone too.

Comment

Despite having bucket loads of games, I think Ive bought one new game in the last 2 years (by new I mean paying full price in the shops), this being Doki Doki Idol Star Seeker Remix on Dreamcast, cost me about ?30.

The most expensive game I've bought is probably Gauntlet on Megadrive, costing me about ?80 istr and worth every penny.

Comment

Just over ?100 for Saga. In anticipation for Orta.

Comment

Originally posted by Scythe
                          I only paid ?50 for SaP....is it worth something now?
                          I paid ?60 inc. p+p and I needed the convertor cartridge since it was my only N64 import game (another ?30 inc p+p). Guess I could of shopped around, but at the time it was case of more money than sense.

Still as I said, I've played it to death, its much more worth its ?90 than most of my games are worth the ?40 I spent on them

Comment

?50.00 on super mario sunshine jap! Bit pitiful but i am a man of humble wealth so i must there for follow suit and be a man of humble spending.

Comment

my top 3....

Suikoden - PS1 - ?60
                              Streets of Rage 3 - MD - ?53
                              Sonic 3 - MD - ?45

Comment

?140 on a full pal samba set.

Must be nuts, that was the first time I broke the hundred barrier on one game. well it was the set, so not so bad (convincing myself)

Comment

Working...
                                X