Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your all gonna laugh at this one

?100 on Syphon Filter for the PS

I feel I should give an explanation - I rented it from Blockbuster. Returned it the day it was due back using their post box drop in point.

Didn't hear anything more until a bill for ?70 dropped through my door. Turns out they'd lost it and blamed me for not returning it ft:

I was a bit younger then and a lot more gullable, so I paid the fine when I should have told them to **** off and fought it

I was dammed if I was going to pay ?70 for something I couldn't own so I decided to go for broke and spend a bit extra on a copy

ft:

Comment

Originally posted by SS004
      ?140 on a full pal samba set.

Must be nuts, that was the first time I broke the hundred barrier on one game. well it was the set, so not so bad (convincing myself)
      I picked up PAL Samba as well, but game-only and second hand for dirt cheap. Luckily, a friend lent me their maracas for a few weeks.

Ah... Fond times.

EDIT:

Update - Finally got the full game with maracas at last on order. Can't wait to get back to it.

Comment

?44.99 for Sonic 3 when it was first out (remember the Ritz video promotion )

?45.99 for King Of Fighters 2000 for the Dreamcast.

I've been quite lucky with my Neo Geo games, i went CD as home cart gets expensive fast. Play them through an emulator and you get No load times either and Arrange Soundtracks - awesome!

Most expensive Neo game is the Art Of Fighting 3 Deluxe Box Set (?22)

Comment

?250 on Steel Battalion - US XBOX

Other than that its the usual import game spend.

I did however back in the day spend ?60 on 'Landstalker' for the MD
          Loved that game!

Comment

Gee, I really must have more money than sense or I really am a typical gullible import owner...

Jap PS2 Keyboardmania +controller - ?180
            Jap PSX Guitar Freaks + controller - ?110
            Jap PS2 Drummanina + controller - ?150
            Jap Xbox Tekki + Controller - ?100 imported myself whilst I was there!
            Jap Dreamcast Samba De Amigo + maracas - ?165
            Jap PS2 Densha De Go 3 + controller - ?140
            Jap PS2 Dance Summit 2001 + controller - ?140
            Jap PS2 Para Para Paradise + controller - ?140
            Jap PS2 Super Mic Chan + mic - ?90
            Jap SNES Street Fighter II - ?110
            Jap PS2 Gran Turismo 3 - ?100

Most recent and expensive purchase...
            Jap Saturn The Gaming Paradise + NTSC video - ?65

I've realised that I've been stung alot in the past only 'cause I couldn't buy them anywhere else but that's all changed now that the net has been introduced to my life!

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
              Your all gonna laugh at this one

?100 on Syphon Filter for the PS

I feel I should give an explanation - I rented it from Blockbuster. Returned it the day it was due back using their post box drop in point.

Didn't hear anything more until a bill for ?70 dropped through my door. Turns out they'd lost it and blamed me for not returning it ft:

I was a bit younger then and a lot more gullable, so I paid the fine when I should have told them to **** off and fought it

I was dammed if I was going to pay ?70 for something I couldn't own so I decided to go for broke and spend a bit extra on a copy

ft:
              **** me, you must be one bitter son of a bitch.

My maxium would be ?60 for both Super Mario 64 and Lylat Wars for the N64 (PAL) - pretty pitiful when compared to some of you lot...

Comment

oof phillai the wallet must be crying out for you to stop

Comment

Yeah, I'm such a mug!

There are other things which I've spent stupid money on but the only thing I'm prepared to spend a lot of money on now is the official Konami metal DDR mat... I want that soooo badly!

Comment

After the screen shots and the glory that was FFVI, bought a PSX and spent ?45 on the game...

Total; too much. Playing FFVII; Priceless.

Comment

Well, I can only add to the developing theme.

I spent about ?230 on Japanese Tekki.

and about the same for voot x 2 with two Twin Sticks when all totted up.

Bought a couple of Samba sets on release plus the ver 2000 later on, not as much as some have spent on it though.

spent quite a bit on GC PSO when you add up all the hardware bits and pieces too, I have the modem/game boxset and the bba.

these are really exceptions though, its rare for me to spend big bucks on games, I'm usually more careful and buy second hand as often as new.

probably the biggest waste was the Dreamcast Karaoke unit, which downloads songs over the Internet (thought it used CDs). You get charged for downloaded the tunes, but you can't store them once you have, wot a con. Lovely hardware though, shame I can't use audio CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                        probably the biggest waste was the Dreamcast Karaoke unit, which downloads songs over the Internet (thought it used CDs). You get charged for downloaded the tunes, but you can't store them once you have, wot a con. Lovely hardware though, shame I can't use audio CDs.
                        I was looking to get one of these last month, but I am glad I didn't now if you had to dowload the songs.

Out of curiosity how much did your unit cost?

Comment

Most expensive purchase was Steel Battalion - ?160 including shipping from the USA.

Samba (JAP) for ?145 all in. Worth every penny though.

Apart from that nothing too expensive. Got Taiko No Tatsujin winging its way in from Japan any day now. Cost me ?65 all in.

Comment

Guilty Gear X DX Plus jap, the one with the dvd and the sol badguy necklace and statue that lights up in the dark.......?80 from our old friend Colin Diamond..

Comment

Radiant Silvergun ?140 and it was worth every penny, and i'll keep saying it until the pain goes away.

Ikaruga(DC) ?60
                              Garou(DC) ?45
                              Guilt Gear X(DC) ?40
                              Jap white saturn ?95
                              Dracula X(JAP Sat) ?35
                              Panzer Dragoon Saga (PAL) ?40, on release mind.

I did see a complete PAL samba da amigo set in an import shop in liverpool, to which i asked, "How much?" he said "make me an offer" i said "Errr....no" That guys prices are EVIL ?100 for Jap GC Zelda!.

I'm tempted with Tekki, but i'll resist.

Others i've wanted but the Mr credit card & Mr common sense said no.

KOF2001 (Jap DC) ?55
                              Cosmic Smash(Jap DC) ?50
                              Capcom vs SNK 2 (Jap DC) ?60

Bah.

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
                                Originally posted by Papercut
                                I was looking to get one of these last month, but I am glad I didn't now if you had to dowload the songs.

Out of curiosity how much did your unit cost?
                                I spent ?80 or ?90 on it, doh.

Comment

Working...
                                X