Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't see me buying either this week (again). Interested in giving Marathon a whirl, but it smells like Wolfenstein to me from the screenshots.
    Last edited by ChrisF; 30-07-2007, 17:43.

Comment

Xbox live co-op for Marathon = sold.

Comment

Marathon is an insta-buy.

The board games thing sounds like a missed opportunity, - why no Scrabble, Monopoly, Cluedo, or Trivial Pursuit? Charge more if you like, just give me monopoly!

Comment

Marathon is also a purchase for me. 8 player mutiplayer and co op ftw

Comment

I've looked at the screens shots and I can't remember this game at all - was this post Doom? I thought I'd played pretty much all FPS PC shooters of around that time.

I'll be interested to see how well Chess plays across live - the trouble with the game is it can take an age, so with any luck there'll be a speed chess mode.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              I've looked at the screens shots and I can't remember this game at all - was this post Doom? I thought I'd played pretty much all FPS PC shooters of around that time.

I'll be interested to see how well Chess plays across live - the trouble with the game is it can take an age, so with any luck there'll be a speed chess mode.
              It was Mac only, at the time Bungie only developed for Macs. It was also the first fps to feature dual wielding. I've still got it somewhere gathering dust.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post

It was post Doom and on the Mac, but it was ported to the PC eventually. I preferred it to Doom, as it had more story elements and interesting level design, although the combat was never quite as satisfying. Certainly a good game back in the day, and it will be interesting to see how well it's aged.

Comment

Ah, that'll explain it then - I'll definitely be checking out the trial version.

Comment

I'll get the board games, I used to play chess a lot so for 400 points I can't pass it up.

Comment

Yes, 'bout time we had a Chess game on Live, I'll be there

Comment

Marathon? Awesome... if only I had my 360

Never mind, I have it on the PC already - that's a few quid saved

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                          Yes, 'bout time we had a Chess game on Live, I'll be there
                          Shame they didn't make a new Battle Chess game though .

Comment

Hmm - I think I'd rather have a proper chess game tbh. I found that Battlechess was fun for a while until you'd seen all the animations on offer, and then playing a game was hindered rather than aided by said animations.

At a now confirmed 400 points I reckon this one is a bit of a steal, assuming the chess engine is up to the job.

Comment

Problem being I can see the ****ers quitting when they realise they're going to lose (at Chess)

Comment

Yeah, well hopefully that'll reflect on the profile. It's the same old problem that affects pretty much every game on Live.

Comment

Working...
                                X