No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems the news wasn't true. Mr Yarnton (does anyone else get bad vibes from that guy?) has dismissed the report.

Balls.

Comment

I think I'll just go PAL unless there's an extremely good reason not to.

Comment

it's on eurogamer saying the MCV report is "not far off, but they're wrong" which if I recall rightly sounds similar to nintendos "Zelda TP is NOT going to Wii" comment
        Last edited by Dezm0nd; 08-09-2006, 11:37.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender
          I think I'll just go PAL unless there's an extremely good reason not to.
          Nintendo Europe, more useless than a chocolate teapot on a hot summers day.

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy
            it's on eurogamer saying the MCV report is "not far off, but they're wrong"
            The resource for people who make and sell games.

Indeed...oh how they tease us...lol!

Comment

Mid-September release at each of the press conferences lined up... ?130 in the UK. :P

Comment

Remind me again if their will be any issues with Prog Scan and 50/60Hz on this again? If so, US once again on the Ninty console front

Comment

I'd kind of forgot about the usual PAL/NTSC worries thanks to the PS3/360.

Hmm. I'm going to have to think on which region considering NoE's previous lax schedules (always after the first year).

No actually, it isn't that hard.

Comment

buy 2 :P

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
                      Tbh the Toshiba is probably the best display for the Wii :P
                      I wouldn't be suprised. My 32zp46 was a cracking set - and is still the best tv you can get if you want to watch Sky, movies and play games on the same screen. It pissed all over my lcds, and looked better at 480p than my PX60 plasma at 720p!. Playing the Wii on a decent crt at 480p is going to look considerably better than on any panel. If only they were still beingmade :/

Comment

Oops
                        Last edited by toythatkills; 08-09-2006, 17:35.

Comment

There not reliable they are a rag the industry version of the daily star making claims "from a source" to stir up the part of the industy its friends with that week

Comment

I doubt there will be issues. Nintendo were already leaning more towards 60Hz only for their major releases that they just wanted out there. I severely doubt they still believe Europe lives on wood veneer sets now (finally!).
                            I'm more concerned about whether downloadables can happen on imported systems over here, but I very much suspect someone will sort some tunneling software out almost instantly so that we can access any territory's download service.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
                              I doubt there will be issues. Nintendo were already leaning more towards 60Hz only for their major releases that they just wanted out there. I severely doubt they still believe Europe lives on wood veneer sets now (finally!).
                              I'm more concerned about whether downloadables can happen on imported systems over here, but I very much suspect someone will sort some tunneling software out almost instantly so that we can access any territory's download service.
                              yeh u had games like metroid prim erequiring 60hz so theyre not shy of doing that. however they ARE trying to appeal to everyone, probblyh ppl who still have black and white bubble tvs :O

i do hope all games support 480p widescreen if their overseas versions do, or i'll be totemo angry desu

Comment

For those importing the US version, where do you suggest going? VG+ as usual?

Comment

Working...
                                X