No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original creation date: 2006-08-17 22:44:27 The account of KingD (this YTMND's original creator) was deleted between 2016 and 2017; credit for its creation goes to him — whomever he was.

Comment

So, NOE exec offers Wii price prediction? Below 250 Euros (?170) probably 249.99 Euros. Excuse me but, if Nintendo release the Wii with a price tag of ?170 then there crazy. Nintendo's name is already ****e on these shores, a price tag of ?170 won't do them any favours what-so-ever. For an extra ?30 you could get a 360.

The Gamecube sold for ?130 on its release in the UK and did they fly off the shelf? No they didn't! What makes Nintendo think pricing the Wii at say ?170 will benefit the system and make them sell loads. Nintendo are kidding themselves on if we witness such a price tag.

Comment

The Gamecube sold for ?130 on its release in the UK and did they fly off the shelf? No they didn't!
        it was the fasting selling at UK retail untill the 360

Comment

I expected ?149.99, could still happen I guess. Heres hoping accessories arent silly prices like extra pads, memory cards etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
            it was the fasting selling at UK retail untill the 360
            69,000 to be exact, but that didn't last over the course of 4 year, did it. Having a record for selling your console at launch isn't good enough. As we've already seen with the Gamecube.

Comment

yeah, and the Dreamcast.

Nintendo killed themselves off here with the rediculous games drought straight after launch (considering titles like Eternal Darkness were all but ready to ship but they held them off) that gave Microsoft the chance to regroup and get the diabolical European Xbox launch price and a solid lineup of appealing games out.

Comment

I just heard about that. ?170 is ?50 more expensive than I thought it was going to be. Europe probably getting spooned again. Great.

Comment

It's the gaming industry's usual one dollar = one pound conversion rate

$170 = ?170

Comment

You never know though, it could very well be the speculate high, reveal it lower game.

Comment

Speaking to Reuters, Nintendo Germany's general manager, Bernd Fakesch, stated: "the price has not been decided yet, but I expect it to be...less than 250 euros."
                      lol

Comment

But nintendo have never lost money on H/W sales so they will outlast everyone

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
                          It's the gaming industry's usual one dollar = one pound conversion rate

$170 = ?170
                          Nintendo don't do that conversion rate anymore, think they learned their lesson with the N64 :P We still pay more than the US for stuff, but at least it's not as much as it used to be. I reckon sub ?150. anything else is getting dangerously close to a 360 core pack tbh.

Comment

I say ?150 tops. If they can undercut the competition by that much they'll clean up at crimbo when parents are buying consoles for Little Johnny.

Comment

The BBC are reporting the ?250 figure, equating it to ?170 too.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Those in the "it wil be so cheap I'll buy a US one and a PAL one" camp look like they are in for a shock. Me, I'd buy one for ?170 no probs.

Comment

I would hope that they are over-estimating the price now in order to allow them to drop it down before launch as with the GC. ?170 would be a bit much compared to under ?115 in Japan or even ?135 in US, ?150 is a fair price.

I'll be getting a JP one anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X