Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr_sockochris

Wasn't is about the same with the DS and the PSP? I'm sure the DS launched mid-Nov in USA then early Dec in Japan. Maybe history will repeat
    your right. i suppose the price is to be expected, would have expected wii sports as a pack in though.

Comment

Originally posted by simoran1
      your right. i suppose the price is to be expected, would have expected wii sports as a pack in though.
      If the strong rumours are to be believed the US will have WiiSports packed in. The same for Europe would make sense too. In Japan they can get away with selling a game like that seperate because it's the sort of thing they'll buy in their millions

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
        That and we have to take Sony's ever so strong word at the moment that significant shipments for the PS3 will come in before the end of the year.. when such proclamations are probably estimations of when decidely fraught diode problems are going to ease.

100,000-300,000 won't give Sony a vice-like grip on Japan from the off, put it like that.

Same goes for Nintendo (though they'll probably be more Wii units). It's all open out there.
        yeah its all open, thats true. but nintendo should of killed it from the off. it really should have been before the ps3 in japan, lets not forget its still upto nintendo to prove the wii.

it wont be a significant factor like you say, but i just think its a bit unecessery. still cant wait though.....what about the europe release!!!!

Comment

Don't know. It's up in the air. I would have said 2006 before I'd heard the Japanese date but with the cost of the unit and the PS3 launching next year perhaps it'll be business as usual at NoE.

Comment

I had a dream that the EU got it first

I'm not entirely surprised that the US is getting it first though, after what we saw with the DS.

Comment

We might get it first, this picture from a French game shop I saw earlier shows 10th November...

Nah, it's not gonna happen is it

new video !

edit: ooh, i saw something with Nintendogs in it about 3/4 through

edit2: Launch titles:
              Caduceus Neo
              Elebits
              Machikuru Domino
              Necro-Nesia
              Super Monkey Ball (Monkeys, **** yeah!)
              Wing Island
              Uki Uki Party Taikai (Monkeys, **** yeah! #2)
              Swing Golf Panya
              Cororinpa
              SD Gundam Revolution
              Ennichi no Tatsujin
              Tamagotchi
              Red Steel
              Wii Sports
              Odoru Made in Wario
              Zelda
              My First Wii

I'm shattered, sleep get!
              Last edited by mr_sockochris; 14-09-2006, 06:41.

Comment

he'res thinking we wont fuind out the euro date until the london conference

Comment

Any mention of region coding?

Comment

some videos of the ui there looks like

Comment

A nice Pilotwings hint in that video too me thinks.

Not bad at all. Some of the line-up does look generic, but there's more than enough diversity in there to make me excited for the first few months of the Wii's lifespan in terms of software choice.

Comment

I'm loving those user interface videos.

Comment

Straight after the Project Hammer footage in there, there is a short bit of footage that looks really out of place, was that Resident Evil? I can't read Japanese so I couldn't tell what the title was.

Comment

Seems like Wii is definitely hitting the States first in November, and being released in Japan in December (IGN.com latest news 14/09/06).

Prices retailing at $150 - so I guess it should be around ?125 for the UK. Game downloads (such as Donkey Kong, Mario Bros. etc.) will be between $5 - $10. Controllers - $40 for Wiimote, $20 for standard and / or Nunchuck.

My only question with all this, as I'm sure I'll end up buying a Japanese or US Wii, will there be a modded Wii available that plays both regions? I presently have a great Gamecube that plays both, but it would be fantastic if we could get our hands on a region-free Wii. Even better if it came from Nintendo and not a third-party re-wiring!

fdsbh

Comment

Thanks for all the information. I can't read Japanese or anything, but I've been updating Club Skill with news thanks to you guys

Fingers crossed then the UK price is decent.

Comment

Now, I'm not one for labouring over the perceived comedy of the Wii's name but:

My First Wii
                                For a launch title.

Comment

Working...
                                X