Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boggy
    It's only about ?33, not alot more than a wireless 360 pad. Great news about Wii sports being bundled with the machine, at least everyone who buys the machine will see the true potential straight off the bat (lol pun)

Heres hoping for the EU date tomorrow.
    Why does everyone keep doing and exhange rate $/? it doesnt work that way the americans pay tax on this to why you wont see in the price, our price will in 17.5% VAT so where looking at id say ?179 for launch and the controllers going to probly be ?40

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy
      $250 isnt a bad price is it? Surely it works at about ?150 according to www.xe.com
      It's only about ?33, not alot more than a wireless 360 pad.
      Remember $ = ? when they are doing the conversions. So $250 = ?250 = ?170 and ?40 for a Wii mote + nunchuck.

Comment

That's where you are wrong, not many states in the US actually pay any kind of sales tax. So companies like this actually state the price before tax

Comment

A remote and nunchuck are included with the unit, unless you're talking picking up secondary controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
            A remote and nunchuck are included with the unit, unless you're talking picking up secondary controllers.
            Well you can't buy a nintendo console and only play it alone.

Comment

I coped well enough with the GameCube. :P

Comment

Did I just see Wii Bowling and Wii Boxing in that video?

Yeah I know the exchange thing isn't accurate, i'm just a bit excited
                Last edited by Dezm0nd; 14-09-2006, 07:40.

Comment

If there are 4 million consoles available by the end of the year there is no reason why we won't still see it. Granted, it's leaving it a little late if it launches after the Japanese machine but I still have (a little) faith left that we'll see it pre-Father Christmas.

If not I'll be getting a US one.

Something I was thinking about the other day; if the Wii plays Cube games does that mean I'll be able to use the Freeloader to play import GC games in the Wii? Just thinking about all that "upscaled to 480p looking a bit nicer than RBG SCART on an LCD TV for my old Cube stuff"

Comment

Can anyone summarise in one post the facts from the last few hours please ?

sorry to ask, i am at work and don't have time to go through every post

edit nevermind the ign article seemed to cover it thx anyway
                    Last edited by wicky; 14-09-2006, 08:12.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                      That's where you are wrong, not many states in the US actually pay any kind of sales tax. So companies like this actually state the price before tax
                      There's only 6 states that dont have it mate.

Comment

Wii $250 (?170) released on Nov 19 in US, Dec 2 in Japan. Won't ship with Wii sports, first party games are $50.

EDIT: Way to late

Comment

Great news, i'll be in NYC on launch day so no guesses what i'll be bringing back Anyone know the best way of pre-ordering one to collect from a US shop ? Also what time is the US conference so we can find out a list of launch games ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran
                            Wii $250 (?170) released on Nov 19 in US, Dec 2 in Japan. Won't ship with Wii sports, first party games are $50.

EDIT: Way to late
                            It will ship with wii sports in the usa definatly, not sure about japan and europe though

Comment

Wii Sports is separate in Japan, but included in the US. It's 4,800 Yen in Japan which is 1,000-2,000 Yen less than a normal release.

Comment

Now the $1,000,000 question, where to pre-order a US machine that is likely to get stock? I remember the debacle we had with the DS when that was released in US and a lot of online outlets getting shafted.

Comment

Working...
                                X