US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psusion
    Just received my Wii from DVDBO. Sooo happy!
    Ooh! That must mean mine's coming today. Think I'll pop home at lunch and have a look.

Where in the country are you located, mate?

Comment

mines in ohio ! Arrived at DHL Facility WILMINGTON HUB OH USA

Comment

November 30, 2006 10:03 Inverness - UK Shipment arrived at wrong facility. Sent to correct destination

TOLD THEM!! ****ing retards, I told them it was going to the wrong place and she wasn't having any of it, I should have this in my hands right now but DHL always screw up my deliveries!

Comment

Mine's about an hour away on the truck for delivery. Guess what I'll be doing this evening??? (hopefully not packing a bricked Wii back up)

Comment

I really wanted mine tonight too as I had nothing planned and I think I'm gonna be busy all the way through to the middle of next week too so will hardly get a shot.

****ing DHL!

Comment

My wii is now "ready to be shipped" argh im excited

Comment

Oh. My. God. Sales Tax. Total cost of goods = ?407. Import Tax = ?150.63

My wife will ****ing kill me Wanna spend a lot of money? Import.

So what could I have bought with my ?557.63 when the PAL machine launched? Pretty much everything I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by phorenzik
                  Just to keep people informed about my faulty USA Wii. This may also help someone else out if they find themselves in the same unfortunate situation as myself. My friend (Selix on here) had his USA Wii delivered from Ebay with a Walmart receipt. Walmart and ASDA are the same company. Selix agreed to loan me his receipt to see what ASDA could do about the situation. I'll cut a long story short and cut to the chase. ASDA said they would take my faulty USA Wii off me, and swap it for a PAL unit on release day. I know it's a dirty PAL unit, but this is great news.....much better than me throwing ?300 away. I have slightly changed my opinion on ASDA for doing this. I used to hate them for always putting the little man out of business, but this is at least some good news for me. I hope this info could also help someone else out. Thanks for reading.
                  Wow. That is seriously impressive - multinational companies acting like multinational companies for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
                    Wow. That is seriously impressive - multinational companies acting like multinational companies for a change.
                    Yeah, I'll wait and see what happens on the day though....If something can go wrong for me, then it will. Although I think I have my run of bad luck lately.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie

So what could I have bought with my ?557.63 when the PAL machine launched? Pretty much everything I guess.
                      Doesn't that work out at about 38% import tax? Is that right?

Comment

Do you have a breakdown of the charges? How much is the shipper's admin fee for example.

That figure seems quite high.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
                          Do you have a breakdown of the charges? How much is the shipper's admin fee for example.

That figure seems quite high.
                          It's right if you mistook dollars for pounds Will make some calls.

Comment

It should be more like 20% I think.

Comment

It's right if you mistook dollars for pounds Will make some calls.
                              BTW, did you pay by card?

Comment

Holy ****. That is taking the absolute piss. I've never heard of anyone getting that much import tax. Total rip off.

Comment

Working...
                                X