Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it

Comment

Awesome. With the arrival of KB GT5 just became real.

Comment

Some footage of Madrid route.

Comment

I had an email today saying that my Signature Edition had been dispatched which was nice.

I had another email minutes later which told me that it meant the courier had picked it up and but it would be held until launch day. It wasn't a nice as the first email.

I'm not really going to have much of a chance to play it until the weekend whenever they deliver it so I'm not in a desperate hurry for it to turn up.

EDIT:
          This doesn't mean that I no longer hate those stupid unboxing videos that people do.

I didn't realise it was that big, what are the odds on the courier managing to mangle through the letterbox instead of knocking on the door?
          Last edited by JP; 18-11-2010, 21:28.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
            I don't think we've got this GT5 hype train moving anywhere near its top speed...

We need more fuel!
            As always, taken from GT Planet.

A Corvette ZR1 on the Nurburgring.

The same car on the same track but in GT5.

Comment

Was told today I'm getting a Signature Edition in at work tomorrow to show people over the weekend.

Can't wait! But...NFS is so much fun!

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                As always, taken from GT Planet.

Is this from an actual track? I love snow vistas, especially landscapey ones like this, not too narrow. Super pretty.

Comment

Glad I never went for the Signature Edition, looks poncey and overpriced.

Comment

So, does anyone actually believe its still coming out on Wednesday in the UK?

Online retailers really need to be getting these today and shifting them today or Monday at the latest (Shopto continually fail me on getting pre-orders delivered the day after being sent, taking 2 days+).

As Play.com don't have it in stock yet either, if you have pre-ordered from there I would suggest that nows the time to think about cancelling it and getting it in a shop on Wednesday, if you really want it on release day that is.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post

Online retailers really need to be getting these today and shifting them today or Monday at the latest (Shopto continually fail me on getting pre-orders delivered the day after being sent, taking 2 days+).

As Play.com don't have it in stock yet either, if you have pre-ordered from there I would suggest that nows the time to think about cancelling it and getting it in a shop on Wednesday, if you really want it on release day that is.
                      I had the following email from game:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for preordering Gran Turismo 5 with Game.co.uk

As this game is highly anticipated, we have a lot to do to make sure it gets to you in time for launch.
                      As a result, we will be processing your order and charging your payment card a little earlier than usual.

You may receive an email letting your know that your order is on its way but this just means its being held by the courier ready
                      for delivery on launch day.

Please note all courier tracking numbers will not be active until the evening prior to the release date.

To help prevent any issues with your order please ensure your payment details are up to date.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:
                      http://www.game.co.uk/Help/CustService.aspx

Thank you for preordering with GAME.co.uk.

Kind regards,

The GAME Customer Service Team
                      Dear Customer,

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        Please note all courier tracking numbers will not be active until the evening prior to the release date.
                        Good luck with that! Parcelfarce?

Comment

its looking good for wednesday so far. i did expect it to be set back to the friday, as it was for the original date a few weeks ago.

i also received an email from Game yesterday. saying that as its such a big title they are preparing/charging orders early. so if you receive a shipped email, it hasnt actually gone yet, and will be with the couriers waiting for despatch for release day.
                          so it should be here on wednesday, but i'm not expecting it early.

Edit: beaten

Comment

You know, I was completely apathetic about GT5. Then I got a wheel for F1 2010 and now I'm a god damned driving game nut! I've even subscribed to a few months of iRacing.

Come oooon Wednesday *cough* oh I don't feel so good.

Comment

Good luck with that! Parcelfarce?
                              No idea, I don't remember paying any extra for delivery!

Comment

Since GT2, I've always been of the mind that I don't believe a GT is being released in till I'm holding it.

The first release date looked official as they had promotion material and retail boxes finalised. After that fell through, the same could happen now. However, as it appeared to be a manufacturing issue, copies are now materialising, people are playing it and we're now only 5 days away from a worldwide release with no news of another delay; I think we're safe to go.

Hell, even Kevin Butler is driving the SLS in promotion for it now. It must be happening!

Also, I just noticed this post from Concept when I hovered my mouse cursor of the topic title:

"Also possibly delayed until late 2008, though I doubt it'll come that much as a surprise."

2 years later, we might now be finally drawing this silliness to a close!

Comment

Working...
                                X