Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wools View Post
    I've just brought a Wheel Stand Pro
    Did you just order one? They emailed me to say they wont be sending mine out til Tuesday next week as they are really busy thanks to GT5 grr! In other news, got a letter this morning saying there's going to be no power to my house Wednesday from 8am to 4pm, I'm at home all day just my freeking luck.

Comment

Wait, so the PAL version is out before the JPN and USA version? WTF?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        The ingame Photo mode will probably be rendering at 1920 x 1080 with, I don't know, 8 or 16x AA, something like that. Loads of effects and filtering you can't do realtime, with the highest res models and textures. The point is, the assets and mathematics are there ready to go once the machines are powerful enough to do it realtime.

It's standard practice this gen for all "game shots" to be AA'd up the arse - in game assets (the GT5 assets are of a much higher standard than others of course) but never what you'd get in game.

I'd like to think 4x AA will be standard along with 1920x1080 next gen. We'll see.
        Not sure about the AA but they mentioned that they were aiming to get the photo mode to render the models at 18 Mpx, which looking at this image at full scale seems a bit daft.

If it is true then I'm not sure if another couple of generations will be enough to get that running perfectly on consoles but I know very little about sort of thing.

I'd personally rather see a constant 1080p at 60fps with perfect AA and what ever post processing is needed. I think if they managed that with ray-tracing then I'd really not need any more.
        Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
        Bumper cars same as usual but with 16 players is my guess.

*awaits John with actual useful information*

There isn't any new information since people have been playing the game as the online side won't be switched on until it's launched.

What's been mentioned previously is custom championships with complete track days. Private parties will be possible up to 32 players with 16 racing at a time and the other 16 will be able to watch the race as it happens.

You have a fully customisable My Gran Turismo room which you can allow your friends to visit to do things like view your cars, check your replays, photos, etc. It sounds a bit like the Forza 3's store front but I'm sure they've said although you can give people things there isn't going to be the option to sell them to other people.

As it's been in the past the A-Spec mode will be your driving career but the B-Spec mode appears to have been expanded greatly. You can train a team of six drivers (I think it was six?) and also make them available for other people to hire your drivers which will give them more experience and improve their skills.

I don't know if hiring means there's any transaction of credits or whether they just borrow them from you.

There's a new Gran Turismo profile site on the way which will allow you to do some or all of the social things that you can do on your PS3 like visiting other people's garages but there hasn't been any mention of the sort of depth that will contain but I do seem to remember that B-Spec management has been mentioned.

There was also rumours of being able to handle the B-Spec side of things from other devices such via formats such as iOS and Android but I'm not sure about that, maybe it's something that will happen with the PSP Phone?

There is the option to upload HD videos to your YouTube account but as nobody can do that yet it's difficult to what sort of quality we'll get from the videos.

Bear in mind that they've not mentioned the online stuff for a while so it's difficult to know exactly what will happen with it. Also, I have no bloody interest in online gaming so I've not really been paying attention so this info could be out of date now.

It sounds like they know what people want from the online side and they'll do what they can to make sure it works well.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          Wait, so the PAL version is out before the JPN and USA version? WTF?
          And rightfully so. European GT4 sales dwarfed US + JP combined. 5 Prologue did so too.
          Last edited by saturn-gamer; 19-11-2010, 17:46.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
            And rightfully so. European GT4 sales dwarfed US + JP combined.
            Seems odd that only Japan gets the blue PS3 then. It's only by a day anyway so I see. Possible chance that the JPN one will have extra content as with 3 and 4.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Special edition consoles always have been some sort of Japan thing in the past. I don't think the average European gamer cares about a blue GT Ps3. Tbh, I think it looks ugly compared to the regular black Ps3. Especially if I picture it alongside the rest of my interior.

What I do expect for Japan is that it includes Moon over the Castle, which seems to be AWOL in at least the PAL copy.
              Last edited by saturn-gamer; 19-11-2010, 17:54.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                Special edition consoles always have been some sort of Japan thing in the past. I don't think the average European gamer cares about a blue GT Ps3. Tbh, I think it looks ugly compared to the regular black Ps3. Especially if I picture it alongside the rest of my interior.

What I do expect for Japan is that it includes Moon over the Castle, which seems to be AWOL in at least the PAL copy.
                PAL version also has the benefit of not being in Japanese.

Comment

RLY?

I remember playing GT1 in Japanese. It was surely far ****tier than the other versions. It also had one chase cam less IIRC (the close up one, looked very good at the time). In fact, GT1's chase cam owns that stiffness of GT5:

But yeah the language barrier is too much. The tuning is a nightmare, and the restrictions + license stuff is difficult to figure out.
                  Last edited by saturn-gamer; 19-11-2010, 18:21.

Comment

JPN GT5 is in full English, same as the PSP game. At least this is what I have been told by a supplier. I shall find out soon enough, not that I've had a problem with any of the previous eleven games anyway.
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 19-11-2010, 18:59.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

any reviews out yet?

Comment

According to IGN, their review won't go up until next week (24th) as the online aspect of the game isn't live yet. They've sunk hours into single player, but they stress they want their review to be "comprehensive and thorough".

Probably the same reason for other game review sites?
                        Last edited by hudson; 19-11-2010, 20:50. Reason: kernowbiffboffqweg

Comment

Do reviews even apply to this game?
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                            According to IGN, there review won't go up until next week (24th) as the online aspect of the game isn't live yet. They've sunk hours into single player, but they stress they want their review to be "comprehensive and thorough".
                            Kudos to IGN then.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                              According to IGN, there review won't go up until next week (24th) as the online aspect of the game isn't live yet. They've sunk hours into single player, but they stress they want their review to be "comprehensive and thorough".

Probably the same reason for other game review sites?

Comment

oh piss off! I got one right! I type fast and I'm scouse!

Comment

Working...
                                X