No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty clueless about car sounds(although I did loiter near a Ferrari a few days ago while the guy got in so that I could hear it start up. It was nice) but I think engine sound complaints have been made towards previous GT games as well, which is surprising considering how much attention is lavished on the visuals.

Hopefully it is just a volume issue and not them skimping in that department.

Comment

How can the sound of the cars be wrong? I've seen videos of them recording the sound the cars make. How have they managed to get it wrong after going to that much trouble!?

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
        How can the sound of the cars be wrong? I've seen videos of them recording the sound the cars make. How have they managed to get it wrong after going to that much trouble!?
        i doubt its wrong - you are going to get the same clarity or frequency range through a set of pc speakers from a youtube video.....

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
          These Playscope videos appear to be direct YouTube uploads, the encoding isn't brilliant but it does what it needs to.

Some videos from a GT Planet member.

nooooooo... those cars are are driving around the track in the last vids like a formation of red arrows, What happened to the challenging AI????

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
            I meant what day did you order it with them?
            Ah, on the 17th.

Comment

The audio can be recorded in different ways and by positioning the mics differently and although none are incorrect they can produce very different styles of audio.

Some games also post process the sounds which always seems to have been avoided in GT. NFS Shift was a real culprit with messing around with the studio but they did it with the camera too with the all the blurring and bounce which is far closer to recording something with a camera than seeing it through your own eyes.

Neither option is really right or wrong, they're different and people will often prefer one over the other.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                Can anyone confirm that cars like the WRC Impreza actually sound like a flat 4 should? So far every video I have seen has disappointed me in that department.

Still the game looks amazing, not got it obviously as I am totally skint but will be looking forward to playing it.
                All the guidance I can offer is towards the SLS. It sounds like it does in real life and under breaking, the engine rises and sounds fantastic.

Although it's only through You Tube, it sounds life like so far.

Comment

Live Stream

Comment

Well for me the sounds all seem generic. There is very little variation when you start tuning. When you add open filters, exhaust systems and so on it dramatically changes the sound. Turbo spool is greatly intensified and the tone is deeper. Also there seems to be little difference in the sound of a Flat,Rotary,V or inline engines and so on.

I really hope GT5 sorts this as Forza nailed it but it is a far worse game.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      i doubt its wrong - you are going to get the same clarity or frequency range through a set of pc speakers from a youtube video.....
                      You aren't going to get the same kind of sound from a 1000 engine components working together in a symphony of sound compared to the real thing through any kind of speakers, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                        You aren't going to get the same kind of sound from a 1000 engine components working together in a symphony of sound compared to the real thing through any kind of speakers, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          of course not. The point i was making was that there should be a big difference between the highly compressed audio you hear through youtube to actually hearing the game in uncompressed 7.1 digital sound, through a home cinema system.

Comment

Speaking of audio, any news on the soundtrack lists? Will it be region specific again? What I'm asking is will Feeder be in it?

Comment

I hope they stick to original music. The music in Prologue is excellent. I like the fuzz bass chuggin' away just before a race That still in?

Comment

Addmitedly the tracks are far too wide in comparison to much of the WRC but I'm really liking the look of the rally championship.

One of the quoted features is that the rally championships will feature tracks that are generated on the fly and if they're half as good as this one I may never leave the rally mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X