No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo mode or real time in game whatever its clear this game is gonna be a real step up on all other racing games tech wise, and I don't even like GT games very much.

Everything I keep seeing just looks so frigging slick.

Comment

any reports on how well the 3d mode works on gt5, 3d effect wise and frame rate wise ?

cant wait to try it out

Comment

I have no issues with the standard car models, they look fine when running. Was playing GT4 earlier and graphically that still beats the hell out of many driving games this generation apart from of course not having the cockpit modelled.

I do think that Polyphony could have perhaps handled the imported GT4 cars a bit better though as I'm not that surprised a few people aren't happy with it.

If they'd previously announced the 220+ premium models and then on Monday announced that they were also going to allow people to play the 800+ GT4 cars then they would have been considered to be the greatest things ever.

Of course people would have preferred all the cars to be premium models but when they spend over two months modelling each car it's just not feasible.

The GT4 cars certainly aren't perfect but I think they look fine in action.

There is of course the option for people who don't like the extra cars to avoid them completely as they aren't required to complete the game. I know I'll be concentrating on the premium cars mainly as I'm wanting to use the cockpit view but there's loads of GT4 cars I'll be wanting to get too.

Comment

Want this now goddammit. Too bad i have to wait till friday to get paid. BAH!

Comment

I know that it's just a picture of a car parked on a street in the game but come on, look at it! Click on the photo to get the full image.

Comment

If that piccy of the 106 is a car from GT4 I don see what the problem is. It still looks bloody impressive!

Comment

got an email from game saying its shipped.
                not sure if that counts as the email they previously talked about, and it hasnt actually shipped yet or not.

Comment

I think the 106 pic looks like a shot from a PS2 emulator running in a high res but with nice trees

Comment

PS4 + GT5 with photomode ingame visuals = sale

Comment

Originally posted by Profit View Post
                      PS4 + GT5 with photomode ingame visuals = sale
                      Not happening I'm afraid man. The reflections are stunning. I'd of said PS5 for this in realtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle View Post
                        got an email from game saying its shipped.
                        not sure if that counts as the email they previously talked about, and it hasnt actually shipped yet or not.
                        I'm guessing it is some kind of big LE versions you've ordered?

If it is, game will send it via Parcelforce Express 24 hour, and it will leave the depo the day before launch to be with you for release day.

Comment

no way, just the normal one.
                          from the previous mail it sounded like they wouldnt actually send them till the day before release. so i'm not really expecting it before wednesday.
                          but its nice to know its officially happening

Comment

GameStation dispatched mine yesterday (signature edition) but I can't imagine that I'll get it until Wednesday or possible Tuesday. I've just checked and it's been sent 24 hour express delivery but they've more than likely been told to keep hold of them.

I'm off work on Tuesday so I suppose it would be nice if it turned up then but I'm off all weekend and probably won't get much time to play it before then anyway. There's no hurry though and I think patience and the Gran Turismo series have always gone hand in hand.

My other order (standard) was dispatched yesterday from ShopTo via 1st class mail but I'd be amazed if I received that before the other one. Before anybody asks, there is a reason I have two ordered as I'm giving one away.

Comment

To all people claiming it's been shipped or getting emails today. Well it hasn't.

This happens with all big games, and we have the same discussion. They just process them early, so they can send them off to Royal Mail. I think if Sony haven't said anything, then retailers can start to ship tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Prototype View Post
                                To all people claiming it's been shipped or getting emails today. Well it hasn't.
                                According to the courier tracking number I have not only has Elvis left the building but he's also sitting in a depot about 80 miles from me and quietly laughing due to being so bloody close!

I still think it'll be Wednesday though.

Comment

Working...
                                X