No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... Top Gear in GTTV just to make Yamauichi's life easier then?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
      Nice new replay video of the Ferrari F430 in action, both inside and out

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/d1384.html

Just goes to show no matter how many polygons you throw at it, Daytona is still one hell of a boring track.

Comment

Anyone have any idea what what kind of game structure Prologue will have? Never played Prologue 4. Will there be a small career type mode or simple exhibition mode?

Comment

Played prol0gue this morning again,it's sound graphically, though sound is bizarrely crap in this extended demo which with Blu Ray storage/hdd is inexcusable. I also feel this very arcadey and no comparison to the real feel of Forza1 and 2, 2 specifically of course.

I am glad they went prologue as the game is still in need of tonnes of work, i hope they listen to the constructive criticism, as I feel Yamauchi is too obsessed with getting the cars into gorgeous shiny waxy replicas,instead of making sure the driving and simulation of each model is accurate. I feel he needs a kick up the backside and needs someone to make him make sure he is advancing the series technically, and physically with all those SPEs available. Prologue to me felt like HD GT4.THE GFX are very nice, not that much better than Forza2 though, and movement/animation/physics of the cars is lagging a way behind.

Perhaps the aeriea needsbfresh perspective in thid area. I look forward to hearing the series fans thoughts, andbplease no, if it ain't broke crap, as it is broken in the light of stiffer and stiffer competitors.

Comment

Hang on, are you talking about Prologue or the Prologue demo?

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
              Anyone have any idea what what kind of game structure Prologue will have? Never played Prologue 4. Will there be a small career type mode or simple exhibition mode?
              This was basically GT4: Prologue:

It was a series events which taught you how to drive.

The new version is different though, they'd always said that the first one was there for people to get used to the controls but the latest one is closer to a cut down version of the full game with proper racing.

I've not played it for a while so I'm going from memory.

Comment

I ordered from yes asia too, expected delivery date of 23rd Dec though

Comment

Thanks for the reply, John. I looks forward to it.

Comment

Where is the best and fastest (also no customs will help) to get this and a DS 3 ?

Comment

I've a question about the tire selection on the Prologue demo (and on HD version for that matter).

The N1,2,3, the S1,2,3 and the R1,2,3 tires types - Can someone break it down so a car noob can understand what the numbers mean and which type is best for certain conditions?

I'm guessing the S and R stand for Sports and Racing.

Comment

You have Normal, Sports & Racing tyres.

They get softer which increases grip but means that you'll need to replace them in loner races due to wear.

Comment

So, the Racing type are the most grippiest ? What the numbers represent?

Why would one need to mix and match types?

Comment

Level of grip 1 2 3 good better best.
                            The wear rate is the reverse.
                            You can mix tyres to give more or less traction on the front or rear.
                            Common use is to put a lower grip rated tyre on the rear for drifting.

Choice of tyre also depends on your driving style ie
                            In GT4 with the F1 cars I always used the softest race tyres, i used manual gears and avoided spinning the wheels by slamming the accelerator and locking the brakes into the corners (use the gears to retain traction into corners) and they lasted pretty well.

If you hammer the **** out of the brakes and accelerator you could maybe get 2 good laps
                            Last edited by huxley; 02-12-2007, 23:28.

Comment

Cheers. Wow, I wasn't aware that 'tire' is the american spelling.

Comment

Didnt think about it till you mentioned it - had to check lol

Comment

Working...
                                X