Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Half Life 2 on the PC this weekend and did the first 10 levels of Portal which is a nice idea.

HL2 was just an awesome experience really. It spoiled me, graphically for my next gaming conquest - starting (and finishing) GTA3:VC on the XBOX.

Wow Vice City looks dated! The character models are a little chunky to say the least especially in the cut scenes. I'm having fun though.

Have printed out the hidden packages FAQ to do tonight. GTA3 pi$$ed me off when it robbed me off my weapons before the last level, so I'm getting the packages in early this time just in case.

Comment

I thought weapons were the least of the package problems in GTA3. My problem was that the mafia would wipe me out in seconds once I entered their territory so couldn't search around there at all.

Comment

I've been playing MGS3: Snake Eater. Nothing to do with MGS4 coming out as I don't own a PS3; it's just been on my 'to play' list for ages but I was buying so many new releases that I never got a chance to do so. Now, thanks to the summer drought, I can

It seems generally very good but the camera is definitely causing me a few problems. Fixed cameras are fine inside but the limited view you get in the outside areas makes it very difficult to see where the enemy are. It does feel very much like what crawling around in the grass without being spotted in real life is like and it creates a great sense of tension and risk-taking when enemies are inches away from you or you have to expose yourself briefly to look around, but it can also be a right pain in the ass. Sometimes it feels like the only way to progress is trial and error.

Something else I find slightly odd about the game is that a lot of it you spend fiddling around in menus. It's not something I dislike per se but I find it odd that they obviously wanted to recreate the experience of survival in the jungle by making your manage inventory, attend wounds, kill and eat wild animals etc but didn't realise that forcing you to do it in the most abstract and videogamish way possible would have the opposite effect. It also raises all kinds of questions about the plausibility of events in the game; enemies can spot from a hundred metres away you as you sit holding your breath under twelve feet of dirty swamp water, but they don't notice you standing up in the bushes, getting undressed, exchanging your outfit for another from your Tardis-like webbing and laying back down again. WTF?

Comment

hah, you should try subsistence its got a tweaked camera, much better. I've played both and the latter's camera makes it a ton better. I wish I never sold it on here really, only to find the guy who bought it sold it for twice as much 2 weeks after. hah oh well.

Comment

What have I been playing?

apparently nuthin nuthin nuhin nuthin, aparentleeeeeeehheee

apart from a bit of champ 2k1 w00p!

Comment

It's been Beatmania IIDX and Team Fortress 2 mainly for me.

Been on a very heavy TF2 spree recently actually!

Comment

Aye, TF2 on the PC is the absolute nuts. I've been playing a bit of alot really as well, Rock Band and Mythos.

Oh and that pile of **** Alone in the Dark.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                  I've been playing MGS3: Snake Eater. ...It also raises all kinds of questions about the plausibility of events in the game
                  Welcome to MGS.

And yes, get Subsistence if you can.

Comment

Been playing Earthbound. Not very far at the moment, but enjoying it nonetheless. Some of the dialogue is great.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                      hah, you should try subsistence its got a tweaked camera, much better. I've played both and the latter's camera makes it a ton better. I wish I never sold it on here really, only to find the guy who bought it sold it for twice as much 2 weeks after. hah oh well.
                      Well I did try but given the silly prices MGS stuff is going for right now it wasn't really the time.

Comment

hah, excellent point.

Comment

Not much with the Euro's on.

Mobile has been Initial D on the PSP.

Comment

This week, as I have moved house:
                            Resident Evil - PSone
                            Slitherlink - DS
                            Geometry Wars - DS
                            Loopoporupraparupapa Cube - DS
                            Try Very Hard Not To Throttle Your Mouthy Ex-wife - Real Life

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo View Post

Try Very Hard Not To Throttle Your Mouthy Ex-wife - Real Life

Guffaw! Quote of the day!

Comment

Haven't played anything during the week apart from Wii Fit every other day or so.

Today I have managed to put some time into:
                                Okami (Wii) - Brilliant game, seems to take my favourite parts from across the Zelda series and place them in one amazing package. About 18hrs in

just defeated Orochi and been to the Kamiki festival

and if the game maintains its quality for the duration then it might replace No More Heroes as my current game of 2008.

Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) - never played this before and finding it tough! Keep getting killed in the snow at the start of the game.

Also downloaded Sin and Punishment (VC) this afternoon so that might get some action after Doctor Who!

Comment

Working...
                                X