(sniff sniff) Tear jerking moments in games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(sniff sniff) Tear jerking moments in games

I'm not the sentimental sort, but my bottom lip wobbled slightly in Final Fantasy 4 when

Palom and Porom turned themselves to stone

That was three months ago, and to date I haven't felt like playing the game again from that point.

Which bits brought out your sensitive side? (they don't have to be bittersweet - tears of joy is fine).

Final Fantasy 7 - thread closed, i bet even the man mountain thats Seany cried at that

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
      Final Fantasy 7 - thread closed
      Uh, uh. SOTC: Horse death>>>
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I didn't she was a useless bint.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
          I didn't she was a useless bint.
          bad workman blames his tools

i was more annoyed since she was tooled upto the max and i had to pick from other useless feckers

Red X and Yuffi who were like level 2 at that point

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            Uh, uh. SOTC: Horse death>>>
            In france they just got the cutlery out - no tears

Comment

the first time i ever cried (and i think it was the last time too) was on breath of fire 1 on the snes. I can't remember exactly what the deal was now but I think it was the bit where you vanquish this really annoying boss and you find an old temple and the ghost of the boss as a child is running around playing in the ruins and it has this really sad music box style music. The dialogue was really hammy and... and... it... uh.... I think I'm welling up....

Comment

Surely I don't need to spoiler this, but the muder of
                in the first Ace Attorney was a sad surprise.

Comment

I felt sad at the end of Shenmue 2, cos it felt like the game was only just starting, when infact it was actually ending (for good from the look of things.......).

I was a lil bit moved - ish recently when i clocked Prince of Persia on the PS3, as the prince was compelled to do what he had to do, and go with his loins as opposed to his brain........... I SO wanted to see who Farah was............

Buster Bust, the day the man mountain that is Seany crys is the day Sonic team makes a good sonic game that is equal or better to Sonic 2

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                    bad workman blames his tools

i was more annoyed since she was tooled upto the max and i had to pick from other useless feckers

Red X and Yuffi who were like level 2 at that point
                    You serious. I've played FFVII, loads of times. In fact i could finish it 100% in 24hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
                      Surely I don't need to spoiler this, but the muder of
                      in the first Ace Attorney was a sad surprise.
                      Dude, that was one hot NPC!

Comment

I shed a tear for the ?30 I'd spent when I first booted up Kane and Lynch

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                          You serious. I've played FFVII, loads of times. In fact i could finish it 100% in 24hrs.
                          i am seriously impressed if you could complete it 100% without cheating in under 24 hours

feck it took hours to race chocobos just to get nights of the round and you had to be seriously tooled up just to beat ruby materia monster

it took me about 34 hours to finish the game and a further 35 hours to tool myself up just to beat the new monsters

but unless proof given and a slice of humble pie for me, i just dont believe you

finishing the game maybe but not 100% without guides or cheats and i know about a chocobo cheat you could use and you won every time, but i just didnt use it

Comment

Don't believe me then, i didn't want you to in the first place. Theres no way i will have proof now, that was about 8-10 years ago.

Comment

MGS had me choked up a little bit as I recall when

Sniper wolf bit the dust

. Or it may have been another bit in the game. Oh and the ending music is incredibly sad too, especially if you understand the gaelic.

Comment

Working...
                              X