No announcement yet.

Under/Rated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're going retro with this one, I played this one sooo much as a kid - Postman Pat on the Amstrad CPC 464

Precursor to GTA

Comment

oh my word the screen loading timesonpostman pat are heart stoppingly bad! Looks like a Game Gear game lol...

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
        We're going retro with this one, I played this one sooo much as a kid - Postman Pat on the Amstrad CPC 464

Precursor to GTA

I had that!

I don't know on what though, maybe BBC?

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          I didn't even know this many were on the wii and this nomination goes towards the entire franchise rather than just the below installment as there's little but track list to seperate them, though they are EPIC track lists. The vid below is taken from Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 3:

Oh god I need this game(series) in my life. Any recommendations on where to import a bundle with (I presume) a drumset?

Comment

Playasia sometimes get them in quite cheap though there's none in at the moment bar the full price option for the new release

Comment

Not sure how well this has aged but I remember it being great fun at the time:

Comment

I like to add D2. Found this a strangely relaxing game to play where I could just play (and did) the hunting parts for hours on end and no game as ever really captured the sense of being a snowy wilderness quite as well as D2 thanks to the gfx and just incredible sound effects that made you almost feel the cold as you play and was backed up with some great characters and a nice original story

Comment

I never got to play D2 but watching that footage, it still looks really good even now.

Comment

It does look very interesting. I did complete the original on the PS1 but I never tried no2.

Comment

D2 was amazing! But REALLY weird! I still have the JP DC version somewhere. It was 4 disks long, and basically as far as I can remember it was something about a weird alien/monster take over/government consipricey. You had to hunt down animals for HP etc. All I can remember is fighting this really weird angel boss who flew around playing the violin and screaming at you in Japanese! I had no clue what the hell was going on, but I rinsed it. Happy to lend out if I can find it again to anyone who wants to give it a go? I'm sure you guys will look after it.

Comment

Oh and in terms of under rated but must play before you die games? Fur Fighters on the DC and Toy Commander on the DC. True classics. Fur Fighters was ROCK hard! Toy Commander:

And Fur Fighters:

^_^
                        Last edited by darkangel; 18-11-2011, 00:31.

Comment

I used to love Fur Fighters, I wonder how it would hold up these days.

Since we're listing Dreamcast games I have a few favourites:

Blue Stinger. I think this was a launch title, I remember being blown away by the graphics back then. I have really fond memories of playing this.

Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm

Illbleed
                          Last edited by Sane; 18-11-2011, 07:17.

Comment

I loved D2 but played it in Japanese so I didn't get much of the story. The atmosphere was wonderful though and, even without story, it kept me interested all the way to the end. Always meant to get the english language version at some point but never did.

Comment

Epic boss fight

Music is from the game

I think Godhand is massively underrated. The fighting mechanics are genius as is the character design throughout the game. If you have never played this and you like in depth fighting mechanics and stupid amount of moves/combos to buy then get on PSN now and download it.

Plus it's a Clover game!

Oh and it has this as a end combo move

No idea what outfit the main guy is wearing, but that is the humour of the game.
                              Last edited by 'Press Start'; 18-11-2011, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                                If you have never played this and you like in depth fighting mechanics and stupid amount of moves/combos to buy then get on PSN now and download it.
                                Is it out now in PAL land?

Comment

Working...
                                X