No announcement yet.

PSVita thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, the lack of figures pretty much speaks for itself. Hopefully Sony pulls its finger out at E3 as opportunities to fully turn the Vita around are gonna run out at some point.

Comment

Tbh, The Vita is currently a dead platform as far as the games go, its only real hope at the moment is the PS4 really.

That may push sales up, if by the PS4's launch the vita is reasonably priced. Even then though people will only be picking one up as a 'controller' for the PS4. In that regard it may just rescue itself from video game obscurity.

Comment

One thing that is very worrying for the Vita and also very disappointing for owners is the lack of games coming i.e hardly any. I just had a look at the release schedule for the Vita and there is barely anything at all. This is just insane, the Vita has been out for a year now and if you compare what the 3DS had to look forward after a year it was a very promising platform. If nothing decent is announced at E3 for Vita than i think its pretty much a dead format, which for me is very sad as its a brilliant machine.

Comment

Part of the problem is that developers only have a finite amount of resources. The PS3, 360 and PC are the priority for most developers, with the 3DS largely being provided for by the Japanese developers. Given that developers are also having to prepare for the PS4 and next Xbox, even the Wii U is struggling to find its way into most developer's priority lists, let alone the Vita.

It is a shame, because I've been pretty hooked to PSO2 on the Vita recently and it really highlights what a great machine it is.

Comment

Not the old, theres no games, they are only PS3 ports argument, i find it really patronising when people say there is no good games or any coming, soul sacrifice, killzone and PSO 2 just out and others to follow, it's just parrot posting, saying this you've read on websites.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
              Not the old, theres no games, they are only PS3 ports argument, i find it really patronising when people say there is no good games or any coming, soul sacrifice, killzone and PSO 2 just out and others to follow, it's just parrot posting, saying this you've read on websites.
              To be fair i never said there are no good games for Vita, in my opinion there are some decent titles but as for good games coming out you have to really be kidding yourself if you think the release schedule is a decent one, the simple fact is its terrible. Killzone may be good title but its not due until September and PSO2 i dont think is even coming to Europe. I dont like comparing systems but when you look at what is in store over the next 3 months for 3DS its worlds apart.
              Last edited by gambit6613; 09-03-2013, 11:10.

Comment

The vita can still succeed...

Though they need to get first party biggies at E3 or its game over.

They need to start actually getting some of that real potential from the hardware too, too many rushed and ultimately lackluster games on vita.

Comment

It's seeming like the PS VITA is going down the path of the Neo Geo Pocket Colour. Great portable with beautiful portable games, laid to rest by underwhelming support and inability to impact on Nintendo's presence in the market.

I really hope its' fortunes take a turn for the better this year as I still intend to get one at the right price for a mixture of domestic and import releases but come on SONY, raise you game! Remember when you were at your peak with the PS2? Bring that cocky mindset to the VITA, stat!

Comment

Selling like crazy here in Japan with the price slash and that new soul sacrifice game. Almost constantly sold out!

Comment

That's encouraging. I wouldn't mind if it ended up like the PSP, with a mostly Japan-oriented library. In fact that would be great.

Comment

Picked one of these up last week, For ?107.00 Preowned via game, at this price the device seemed like a No-brainer. I have ps+ already, so had a ton of games to play on it for very little outlay. coming to it now its a fantastic system with a ton of games to play, plus the bonus that all the back catalog of psp, ps1 and PlayStation minis work on it to, (so i have a ton of content i already own for this device, as probably do many other ps3 users.

The biggest problem the psvita has is the cost, for a new unit its ?220 for a system with no on-board memory this means that you cant even play retail game until you put a memory card in the thing. i had games but had to wait for the memory card from play to turn up to play them (genius sony), and at ?26 for 8 gig of flash memory or ?75 for 32gig i wonder what planet Sony are on. Considering i recently paid ?20 for a 32 gig micro sd! the price of these things angers me somewhat and if anything has lost Sony sales this weekend as once i put the ps+ stuff on my 8gig card was full and had no room for any extra purchases.

so i either delete stuff or buy a second memory card and paying over ?50 for 16gig of flash memory really isn't something i want to do anytime soon.

when the average member of the public can get a nexus tablet for ?150 with 16gig of on-board memory and free access to 100s of angry birds clones Sony really has a fight on to make this system viable to the casual gamer.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 11-03-2013, 09:41.

Comment

Yeah the Vita is awesome, tons of games to play on it and the hardware is great, especially the screen. I agree with the memory thing, especially when the PSPGo had 16g built in.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                            especially when the PSPGo had 16g built in.
                            Holy **** i didnt even realise that.....that makes it twice as bad that they are bending us over for memory on the vita.

My 32gb was ?59.99 from amazon, but they are like ?74.99 most places. That amazon have been undercutting the genral price from day one so heavily, should really tell sony something.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post

My 32gb was ?59.99 from amazon, but they are like ?74.99 most places. That amazon have been undercutting the genral price from day one so heavily, should really tell sony something.
                              bugger that ... I would never get a Vita whilst that's the case ... that really is just taking the proverbial ..

Comment

I just sold my Vita with a 32GB card and a whole bunch of official accessories for ?185 shipped. Bargain for someone, but I was glad to get shot of it. I hadn't played it for around six months previous. This is quite something from me, being Mr. Sony and all. Even in Japan there is nothing of interest. Soul Sacrifice is ONLY popular because it's the only thing that's come out which is half decent in forever. I don't even think it's that good myself.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X