• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunning. When's it due out?

Comment

September the 6th

Comment

This looks really good for a handheld game plus its out for my birthday yeah

Comment

Strangely, the VITA is the thing keeping be swayed in Sony's direction at the moment in terms of my XBone vs PS4 decision.

Comment

My mind can't even comprehend the situation with the Vita anymore. I can't fathom just how staggeringly poorly supported and managed a format it is considering who its from. E3 was pretty much their last chance to show any support and they let it go, that the few peeps into Vita now are mostly being pleased by the thought of streaming their PS4 games through speaks volumes of just how dead a platform this is now. One of gamings biggest shames and I'll be amazed now if Sony bother ever releasing another handheld again.

Comment

Enjoying my Vita to be honest, there is still enough of a back catalog to keep me going as well as the old Psone titles. Just imagine if it actually had some decent new games coming out as well! *mindblown*

I would love to see a really big RPG like Fallout or Skyrim for the system to get my teeth into. For some reason PS2 just didn't click with me like the first one.

Comment

Get Persona 4 Golden Tokyochojin. It's the best game on the system.

Agree with CTN that the state of affairs on Vita is just tragic. I play on mine a lot though. Just wish that we'd at least get the rereleases we were promised like ZOE

Comment

I had a look through the full list of released PSV games recently and couldn't believe how little had came out. There's a handful of games that interest me and most of them are from the short period after its initial release. This Killzone game looks top notch though, and if the gameplay is up to scratch I'd be tempted to buy a system to play it. I mean, is there anything else 'big' even on the horizon game-wise other than this? It's a crying shame, because it's an awesome bit of kit.

Comment

Just Media Molecule's Tearaway and Ys: Memories of Celceta (whether you would regard that as a 'big' game comes down to whether you like JRPGs, but it's at least an exclusive). Oh and a Batman Arkham spinoff . . . but I kind of hate those spinoff games of big franchise that the Vita gets. They just feel like a ****ty poor man's version instead of a cool game in their own right. The antithesis of how Nintendo treat the portable versions of their franchises.

Basically the only people prepared to develop anything more than a ?2 indie game for Vita are Sony themselves. And even then they completely f*ck it up - see Resistance and CoD.
                    Last edited by wakka; 21-06-2013, 09:04.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                      My mind can't even comprehend the situation with the Vita anymore. I can't fathom just how staggeringly poorly supported and managed a format it is considering who its from. E3 was pretty much their last chance to show any support and they let it go, that the few peeps into Vita now are mostly being pleased by the thought of streaming their PS4 games through speaks volumes of just how dead a platform this is now. One of gamings biggest shames and I'll be amazed now if Sony bother ever releasing another handheld again.
                      I certainly agree that it hasn't been particularly well supported/marketed/exploited thus far, however I feel that the PS4 crossover thing will really drive sales (esp. if they can get a well priced bundle out there), additionally due to the Vita support via PS+ subscription (in terms of free games etc), I think it will really catch on, with a lot more units out there, it will be a more attractive option to support by both the indies and the larger games studios.

Comment

I did the right thing selling mine on way back at the start, but I'd love some reasons to justify another. JRPG's are not that incentive though.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                          My mind can't even comprehend the situation with the Vita anymore. I can't fathom just how staggeringly poorly supported and managed a format it is considering who its from. E3 was pretty much their last chance to show any support and they let it go,
                          For a 2nd there... I thought you were talking about the Wii U lol

Comment

Not gonna lie, the WiiU's situation is fairly reminiscent of the Vitas. It doesn't feel like Nintendo is making as big an effort to turn its fortunes around as they did the 3DS but the Vita is now like an extreme of the situation. With even just a few decent games per year I'd happily jump back on board but its gotten to the point where soon there won't even be a point in stores stocking it. Killzone is the only real big title coming and its been like that almost all year, its scary to think that the handheld turns 2 years old this December.

Comment

The strange thing is that the units still go for reasonably high money second hand, I don't really get that.

Comment

Can you play homebrew on it via a hack?

Was in the same situation back in the day with my PSP, but homebrew saved it for me, and became one of my favourite devices.

Replaced now by my Xperia Play.

But want to get a VITA for PS4 remote play. ?99 isn't too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X