No announcement yet.

PSVita thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is, yes . Hold your finger on the screen for a few seconds while playing a PSP game to adjust playback settings and enable this.

It improves Peace Walker immeasurably.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      It is, yes . Hold your finger on the screen for a few seconds while playing a PSP game to adjust playback settings and enable this.

It improves Peace Walker immeasurably.
      That's good to know, but it seems moot - looks like the Ghost in the Shell game isn't on the store

Comment

Not too sure what to make of these comments.

Sony are effectively saying that the Vita's main draw is now Remote Play and later on PS Now. Don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty here that have one and enjoy using it, but in essence are we now saying that this is all the Vita is useful for now?

Coming from an outsiders point of view, as I have never owned the system, this doesn't exactly make me want to rush out and get one.

Thoughts anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
          http://www.computerandvideogames.com...games-on-vita/

Not too sure what to make of these comments.

Sony are effectively saying that the Vita's main draw is now Remote Play and later on PS Now. Don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty here that have one and enjoy using it, but in essence are we now saying that this is all the Vita is useful for now?

Coming from an outsiders point of view, as I have never owned the system, this doesn't exactly make me want to rush out and get one.

Thoughts anyone?
          Tearaway.
          Wipeout 2048.
          Killzone mercenary.
          Persona 4 golden.
          TxK.
          Gravity rush.
          Little big plannet (great version)

Plus loads of ports and cross buy games like sound shapes, metal gear collection (looks amazing on the vita screen) etc.

All much better games than ps4 or xbox one has, and yet the console has floundered without a lack of real direction, which is a real shame as it's a great unit.

Just needs that little extra push from Sony with more exclusive original games now and I can see it taking off on a better scale.
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-05-2014, 20:01.

Comment

Vita has some badass games. It's not exactly the people's champion, but it's worth a purchase. Think of that other stuff as a massive bonus.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I adore my Vita and it has a lot of games I rate highly but that doesn't ease that article, which basically reads like Sony have totally given up actually trying to get games on to the system. Remote play is not a way to get AAA games on to the system any more than my TV is the best games console of all time. Forget about that extra push. At this stage, it's very clear it will never happen.

Comment

Anybody picked up god of war collection?i just bought it for ?11 with a trade in.Seen a few people complaining about it on various forums but will have a crack on this throughout the night

Comment

I'm considering it, but I hear bad things about button placement and reliance on the touchpad.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    I'm considering it, but I hear bad things about button placement and reliance on the touchpad.
                    Touch pad for god of war? Yuk!. It's well over prices in vita too, ?20 for just one and two, should of included the two psp versions as well for better value.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I adore my Vita and it has a lot of games I rate highly but that doesn't ease that article, which basically reads like Sony have totally given up actually trying to get games on to the system. Remote play is not a way to get AAA games on to the system any more than my TV is the best games console of all time. Forget about that extra push. At this stage, it's very clear it will never happen.
                      Indeed that is also my concern, I do understand that there are a good amount of games on the Vita, but for me personally there isn't really anything that stands out. And that article just makes it seem that Sony have given up trying to put decent games on it.

As has been stated though , hopefully the PS4 will bolster sales and maybe they will get some more AAA games, still worrying though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        I'm guessing the machine's fate now is pretty akin to the WiiU - the odd triple A exclusive from Sony (God of War pretty please and maybe another Uncharted) and a stream of indie releases, JRPGs and the off screen play stuff - to be fair I'm happy with that - its going to take me years just to meander my way through the PS+ backlog I've accumulated as by its nature as a handheld its far from my main gaming machine.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Touch pad for god of war? Yuk!. It's well over prices in vita too, ?20 for just one and two, should of included the two psp versions as well for better value.
                        I've just finished Ghost of Sparta which I picked up for peanuts along with Chains of Olympus on the Vita and they both worked extremely well so I'm optimistic about it.

Been years since I played either of the first two GoWs so I'm looking forward to a handheld trip through them - even if the port is slightly workman like (the touch screen bits are just for opening doors and chests etc apparently so I can live with that).

Tempting to wait until it inevitably turns up on PS+ mind

Comment

Ghost of Sparta is excellent and looks bizarrely excellent - it's pretty much Vita standard with just the res really giving it away and many Vita games have that same low res look anyway. I was pretty amazed by how it holds up on the system.

Didn't know the collection was out. I'm very tempted but I got the PS3 collection, meaning I've bought the first game twice already. Do I really need a third? If I see it at a good price, I'll likely go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                            Indeed that is also my concern, I do understand that there are a good amount of games on the Vita, but for me personally there isn't really anything that stands out. And that article just makes it seem that Sony have given up trying to put decent games on it.

As has been stated though , hopefully the PS4 will bolster sales and maybe they will get some more AAA games, still worrying though.
                            If you like JRPGS the vita is the system to own its that simple really. P4G, FFHD, Danganronpa and the Atelier games on PS Network are fantastic. It is pretty much the home of quirky Japanese stuff and the new place for Rhythm Action too. Only downside is that memory card price

Comment

Last. Playstation Handheld. Ever

It's kind of why my interest faltered again with it. It's no secret it's possibly the best handheld machine ever but we're long past the point it really being justifiable to point people to spend money on it if they aren't in love with remote play or its steady japanese titles. It's much wiser to wait for Sony to pull its plug and then get one for even cheaper than it is now. It's clearly a dead format in Sony's eyes and only embarassment in admitting it is keeping them from making it official in the US and EU. Amazing, amazing hardware but nothing AAA is coming and nothing is going to revive it, a fate WiiU is perilously close to following.

Comment

You could just buy only Japanese games like what we did with PSP, and it's a different story.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X