This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
    Well im having the same issues updating the Wii U. It really is the worst machine for connecting to the internet. Its not my connection because like others have said my PS3/Xbox and everything else connects with no problem but Wii U i have nothing but problems with. It really is frustrating.
    Yes, I had both updates fail on me and had to redownload them, it's not connection a speed issue either it's a problem with the Wii U Reading Wi-Fi.

Seen a couple of people say you have open certain channels on your router to get it to work 100%.

Nintendo really need to get it sorted as else the update itself could just brick your Wii U, if it fails at the wrong moment!
    Last edited by S3M; 27-04-2013, 12:17.

Comment

I'm so in love with the VC, I already had Kirby's Adventure and Punch-Out!! from the 30p promotion and just picked up:

Donkey Kong Jr.
      Excitebike
      Ice Climber
      Super Mario World

I'm really struggling to get to grips with Excitebike which is the only game new to me. Any tips?

One disappointment is Balloon Fight (one of my favourite series) doesn't seem to be available. I didn't have a Wii U in time to get that in the 30p promotion but Nintendo said it was available this week?

Another thing I really hope they include in a future system update is an ability to turn off the Miiverse/Homescreen integration. I've never used the Miiverse app because I have no interest in communicating with that type of person but the child-ish/over-excitable nonsense comments and stupid drawings of Link/Ganondorf keep popping up on my Home screen and are a lot more distracting/irritating than the ads people complain about on Xbox 360.
      Last edited by Pikate; 27-04-2013, 14:37.

Comment

Excitebike is one of my favourite NES games. Not even sure why. The N64 game was pretty funny too!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Excitebike is one of my favourite NES games. Not even sure why. The N64 game was pretty funny too!
          Am I supposed to be landing on both wheels? On my back or front wheel? Hitting jumps with the B-button? What the hell does that do anyway? It just drains my temp meter and makes a higher rev-range sound but doesn't seem to actually make a difference? I just don't feel like I'm doing it right :S

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
            Yes, I had both updates fail on me and had to redownload them, it's not connection a speed issue either it's a problem with the Wii U Reading Wi-Fi.

Seen a couple of people say you have open certain channels on your router to get it to work 100%.

Nintendo really need to get it sorted as else the update itself could just brick your Wii U, if it fails at the wrong moment!
            Yeah for sure its the Wii U, i have done all the messing around inputting the connection setting in manually and the connection test is fine but when i actually come to download the patch it just stops after 2-3 mins with some crappy error code. Not being funny or anything but i shouldnt have to mess around with all the settings just to get one console working online. Every other wireless device i own connects easily to the wireless but the Wii U is a nightmare. Cant even use ethernet as there is no damn port.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
              Am I supposed to be landing on both wheels? On my back or front wheel? Hitting jumps with the B-button? What the hell does that do anyway? It just drains my temp meter and makes a higher rev-range sound but doesn't seem to actually make a difference? I just don't feel like I'm doing it right :S
              If it's anything like the n64 version, you need to hit the button at the top of ramps.

Comment

Just realised Wii-U's VC titles support the Wiimote & SNES Classic Controller combo. Nice one Nintendo

Comment

Every other wireless device i own connects easily to the wireless but the Wii U is a nightmare. Cant even use ethernet as there is no damn port.
                  The lack of a ethernet port is a real problem, as wireless connects are well known to be slower and quicker to faulty. Classic case of Nintendo putting cost before hardware quality.

Comment

Can't see it being hardware? My Wi-Fi is blazing fast on Wii U and worked perfect out the box when I had issues with Xbox 360 (opening ports etc didn't fix it). I did have an issue trying to connect my Wii U to the eShop to buy VC games this morning (updated yesterday) but once I turned my Router/Modem off and on it worked again and as fast as any device I've ever owned.
                    Last edited by Pikate; 27-04-2013, 21:52.

Comment

Cant even use ethernet as there is no damn port.
                      WTF!? Are they asking stupid money for some adapter? or straight up no hard wired connection ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post

Another thing I really hope they include in a future system update is an ability to turn off the Miiverse/Homescreen integration. I've never used the Miiverse app because I have no interest in communicating with that type of person but the child-ish/over-excitable nonsense comments and stupid drawings of Link/Ganondorf keep popping up on my Home screen and are a lot more distracting/irritating than the ads people complain about on Xbox 360.

*shock* you have no soul!
                        Last edited by Adam Stone; 28-04-2013, 09:19.
                        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                          WTF!? Are they asking stupid money for some adapter? or straight up no hard wired connection ever?
                          You can buy a wii lan adapter off eBay for ?6-?7 not a price problem but there are quite a few people complaining on the Internet that the lan adaptor is slower than wifi?

Comment

Three is definatley an issue with the WiiU networking ...

Even using a wired USB dongle (which was also tested on a laptop) I get terrible performance. I did want to use Netflix on the WiiU as it supports SuperHD however there is no point as you just don't get the bandwidth. You also don't get 5.1 sound from Netflix either so really no point anyway.

Comment

Well I have tried download this update again and still getting no joy. I think my Wii U is destined for offline play only as its just to frustrating to get it online. I don't get it because the 3DS connects just perfect. As much as I enjoy the Wii U I nothing but contempt for its online capabilities, it really is incredibly poor for new device to be this difficult to get online.

Comment

Well I have tried download this update again and still getting no joy. I think my Wii U is destined for offline play only as its just to frustrating to get it online. I don't get it because the 3DS connects just perfect. As much as I enjoy the Wii U I nothing but contempt for its online capabilities, it really is incredibly poor for new device to be this difficult to get online.
                                Haven't you got a mobile phone you could use to tether it to your wii u just to download the upgrade I use mine to upgrade my brother in laws 360 as he's never had any Internet

Comment

Working...
                                X