• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
    Cool looks like one of them 9 volt kids cars

Not the look i think they where going for

Comment

Given the format of Mario Karts DLC karts seem feasable but tracks would be highly unlikely I'd have thought as using them just restricts future entries. 32 is enough anyway

Comment

No problem with this so long as it the car isn't better than existing vehicles.

The advert is amazing - 'mature' Mario looks like a proper hard **** and I hear from my sources that this will be his design in the next Mario game to be unveiled at e3. (Note - I have no sources)

Comment

I would buy any car that has an advert with a horrific lifelike Goomba in it.

Comment

Rainbow Road shortcuts aplently by the looks of things. No copy for me today, could be a long 24 hour wait.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Every Mario Kart game is packed with content, but I tend to play them for 80+ hours at least. I would gladly buy pretty much any DLC that Nintendo would throw out.
              If we're talking just time trials that means that you're only playing each of the 32 tracks for roughly 2.5 hours each, which is going to potentially bag you a top 10,000 spot on the leaderboards.

I'm using something like F-Zero GX as a benchmark, an eleven year old game. That had a lot of great content pre-packaged and locked behind some of the most grueling skill & determination based challenges ever seen in a video game which nowadays would have otherwise been reserved for people who want to spend a couple of extra quid instead in the form of DLC. As well as all that you had to really master the courses to get semi-respectable times, I must have only played a handful of them properly despite playing the game for at least 500 hours.

My point is; F-Zero GX doesn't require DLC. It probably would if you played it exclusively from 2003 to 2008, although I'm sure most people would simply prefer a new game based around the same mechanics. I'm expecting the same from MK8, anything less and I'm not going to be as amazed as what I'd like - although with 32 tracks on offer I'm sure that isn't going to be the case.

Comment

This is really interesting. I wonder how much money changed hands for this cross promotion. Although I'm surprised the advert doesn't use a version of Mario Kart rather than a platformer. More exposure for the Wii U can only be a good thing. Now where can I buy one of those Mercedes?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave
                  If we're talking just time trials that means that you're only playing each of the 32 tracks for roughly 2.5 hours each, which is going to potentially bag you a top 10,000 spot on the leaderboards.

I'm using something like F-Zero GX as a benchmark, an eleven year old game. That had a lot of great content pre-packaged and locked behind some of the most grueling skill & determination based challenges ever seen in a video game which nowadays would have otherwise been reserved for people who want to spend a couple of extra quid instead in the form of DLC. As well as all that you had to really master the courses to get semi-respectable times, I must have only played a handful of them properly despite playing the game for at least 500 hours.

My point is; F-Zero GX doesn't require DLC. It probably would if you played it exclusively from 2003 to 2008, although I'm sure most people would simply prefer a new game based around the same mechanics. I'm expecting the same from MK8, anything less and I'm not going to be as amazed as what I'd like - although with 32 tracks on offer I'm sure that isn't going to be the case.
                  I love Mario Kart, and I would love to get new tracks without having to wait until the next Nintendo console and then 2 years after that for the next game to arrive.

No game needs DLC but I welcome it in the games that I really love. I played hundreds of hours of MKWii (if you wanted to calculate it per track it would probably be 10 hours each at a bare minimum) - not in time trial, but in 2/3/4P splitscreen with mates and girlfriends, which personally I enjoy more

So I'm well aware of just how much can be wrung out of the 32 included tracks. I just want MOAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    Given the format of Mario Karts DLC karts seem feasable but tracks would be highly unlikely I'd have thought as using them just restricts future entries. 32 is enough anyway
                    Lets not forget Mario Kart Super Circuit had 40 tracks. I think that would of been the ideal amount as i can think of 8 extra tracks easily that i'd like to have seen in there along with the 32 they have. It's an amazing game nonetheless and i will pick it up sooner or later.

Comment

Grab it Samir. I have a copy incoming.

Comment

The official site for replays .. Actually pretty cool for Nintendo!

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                          https://mariokart.tv/

The official site for replays .. Actually pretty cool for Nintendo!
                          A blue skin for youtube videos? yeah great

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            A blue skin for youtube videos? yeah great
                            I just liked the fact the replays are playing in the background of the main page .. Pretty cool .. Hey its different ...

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                              I just liked the fact the replays are playing in the background of the main page .. Pretty cool .. Hey its different ...
                              Ah all i see on my work imac is a blue background.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
                                Lets not forget Mario Kart Super Circuit had 40 tracks. I think that would of been the ideal amount as i can think of 8 extra tracks easily that i'd like to have seen in there along with the 32 they have. It's an amazing game nonetheless and i will pick it up sooner or later.
                                That's true that, a DLC cup and DLC retro cup could work well enough to round it out at 40

Comment

Working...
                                X