No announcement yet.

Mario Kart 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an email from Tesco in the very early hours " We're pleased to confirm your Tesco order xxxxxxxxx is on its way".

Says estimated delivery is 31/5, but it did say that when I preordered it weeks ago too.

Comment

Me too!

Hopefully release day or sooner !

Comment

Just need the name of my courier so I can cheer him on.

Comment

Is it a courier, I thought if was just RM?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
            Is it a courier, I thought if was just RM?
            I was making a retro joke taken from the PS4 thread. On the day everyone's PS4 was being delivered, courier names were being provided on tracking statuses. We all cheering them on. You could see where they were on a Google map too. Twas exciting. As every new console purchase should be.

I bought a GX4000 the other day and chose a courier service to deliver just for the thrill. :P

Comment

Forgive me- I was part of the PS4 launch day on here- but very nearly didn't get it after lot of courier **** ups, so I blanked it out of my memory!

Comment

Got my copy coming tomorrow. A new mk is always exciting! !!!

Comment

It's a fantastic addition to series you won't be disapointed (well most won't be)
                  love the display on the controller on standard it's 5 windows left is race position 1-12. in the center is the logo for the character which is also a horn for them all different. Right side is 3 smaller windows top right is race, middle is the map and bottom is to switch to motion control.
                  Pressing any of the 3 switches the display to full screen. Using the motion control works really well won a couple of cup races it's really accurate but personally I'll stick with the normal way of playing.
                  game looks great on the wii controller display also

completed 3 cup races on 50cc nothing extra to do in the races other than coming first which your awarded a gold star so four to get in each series.
                  for winning the series you unlock a character, a stamp (which there is 90) you start at 30 I think. There's also extra car parts to unlock aswell
                  the cup races the top row of 4 is new tracks which I completed the first cup.
                  The bottom row is classic tracks I completed 2 cups on that had a blast playing it. Brought a smile to my face

Uploaded a race highlight reel to MKTV which was quick and painless didn't delve into to too deeply though so no real comments on that.
                  Also played Time trial you can d/l upto four ghosts and choose which one to watch/race against, don't think u can race against the 4 at the same time. The only time I beat was the official Nintendo ghost which is there by default lol the best at the time last night was a good 16sec quicker than my best. granted I only had 3 races but still!! Lol

bottom line if u own a wii u it's a must have Nintendo classic title, probably a system seller. It should of been pre Christmas tbh but it's here now

Comment

My copy has just been dispatched by The Game Collection, fingers crossed it's here tomorrow!

My network ID is Retchy, if anyone wants to add me. I'm going to add a few of yous if that's ok, wanna get in on some tourney action

Comment

Hi Tyjay - can you check if the gamepad is required during multiplayer? I.e. is it possible for everyone to play using Wiimotes or does at least one person need to use the gamepad? Also, during single player is it necessary to use the gamepad or can you use a Wiimote?

Thanks!

Comment

I started game from the home screen using wii mote and played single player fine. Game pad acts as a screen and I couldn't use it to play at all
                        wii mote is horrible though lol but I never ever use it
                        multi player I guess would be the same but don't hold me to that ie no game pad required.
                        now Iv switched it on I think a cheeky go is on order before work at 12 lol, it's got that one more go in it

Comment

Thanks for checking mate! Reason I ask is because myself and my friends will be using wiimote + nunchuk combo - we all played hundreds of hours of Wii together like that, and I've already got 4 wiimotes and 4 nunchuks. Muscle memory is important so I'm not sure if I want to put myself at a potential disadvantage adapting to the gamepad

Comment

Still waiting for mine to ship dammit

Comment

I'm used to using the GC controller for MK now. Adapting to the gamepad shouldn't be hard though.

Comment

How is the Gamepad? is it a big heavy mamooth that feels cumbersome or is it a light delight you can play until night?

Comment

Working...
                                X