No announcement yet.

Mario Kart 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is df's job to find this stuff so fair enough. Not a single reviewer spotted it though and neither did I when watching 60fps videos of the game so I don't care.

Comment

Pre-order cancelled.

Comment

Not sure if serious...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          Pre-order cancelled.
          Got to be gag of the week Kryss

Comment

Ordered my console! See you all on the starting grid!

Comment

Yaaaaaaay! I'm so hyped for some Nintendo goodness.

Comment

Mario Kart 8

I'll be playing with the least complex (graphically) character in an attempt to keep from dropping that one frame per second.

Edit: Odd that edge reported no noticeable slowdown even in 2 player split screen mode.
                Last edited by Brad; 24-05-2014, 18:27.

Comment

Where are we putting our NNIDs these days?

Comment

In same forum as your MK8 leaderboards post.

Comment

I had a look earlier but it doesn't seem to have been updated in around 27 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        It is df's job to find this stuff so fair enough. Not a single reviewer spotted it though and neither did I when watching 60fps videos of the game so I don't care.
                        It is MASSIVELY noticeable when going from 1/2P into 3/4P at which point I had to cease play after one game! About 5 mins later away from the display, I returned to 4P and the horror had totally dissipated? I guess 1/2P is a bit TO nice! Even with this issue MK8 still made me pick up a WiiU, as both myself & my daughter loved playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Not sure if serious...
                          Am I not Nintendo's bitch? I joke of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsujinken View Post
                            It is MASSIVELY noticeable when going from 1/2P into 3/4P at which point I had to cease play after one game! About 5 mins later away from the display, I returned to 4P and the horror had totally dissipated? I guess 1/2P is a bit TO nice! Even with this issue MK8 still made me pick up a WiiU, as both myself & my daughter loved playing it.
                            I think he's talking about the 59.94fps every other frame (or whatever it is) when playing against AI as opposed to 3/4p 30fps.

Comment

had a quick rattle on the Smyths demo pod and played a few tracks - game looks nice, (graphically bit like the last sonic racer); fail to see what all the fuss is about though, it was hardly ground breaking (unless the demo is a very early build of the game).

Reminded me of an HD version of double dash in widescreen

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                                had a quick rattle on the Smyths demo pod and played a few tracks - game looks nice, (graphically bit like the last sonic racer); fail to see what all the fuss is about though, it was hardly ground breaking (unless the demo is a very early build of the game).

Reminded me of an HD version of double dash in widescreen

Thats what I thought but I think its been that long since I've played MK that if felt fresh. Looking forward to getting hold of it now, even the missus enjoyed having ago at the demo.

Comment

Working...
                                X