Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The former.

Comment

Gamepad feels awesome using the stick. Using motion control version in game felt exact aswell I could easily use either but prefer the traditional way to use it

Comment

So is the general consensus that using a control format with some form of analogue stick is the way forward compared to a d-pad?

Comment

Here comes the science part...

Comment

Originally posted by ne0star View Post
            So is the general consensus that using a control format with some form of analogue stick is the way forward compared to a d-pad?
            It's not really that you need analog IMO, it's that you can move a stick from left to right and vice versa faster than you can a dpad and to me that's important when power sliding round bends. I assume everyone plays the same as I do :-)

Comment

Is there any other way?

Comment

I'd say digital switching is faster than analogue travel. Analogue will give you more control over the degree of the steering though, unless you like tapping around corners. I like playing both ways, however for serious time trialing things have to be analogue.

Comment

Except there is travel associated with going from left to right with a dpad just as there is with the analog stick and the analog stick only has to travel half the distance before if switches direction. Digital sounds faster but in reality I bet anyone could go from stick hard right to triggering left faster than they could with a dpad. Digital foundry should test this.

EDIT: Also, is there any time trialling other than the serious sort? Can't wait to start posting times and hope age hasn't got the better of me yet.

Comment

The sticks and buttons are great on the gamepad. It's also very comfortable. I wouldn't be averse to using it but I'm just more used to the Bruce Lee Experience with the nunchuk these days.

And it's got to be analogue control, surely? Weaving between green shells and bananas requires some precision. You'd have to pretty tap-happy on the d-pad to achieve that.
                    Last edited by wakka; 28-05-2014, 13:10.

Comment

Nice one cheers. I would rather get used to a decent control scheme from the kick off. I had a feeling that would be the answer, but wasn't sure if the old school method had some merits on this type of racer.

Comment

Hmmm, maybe I do use the sticks in an analog fashion. It's been so long since I played...

Comment

I deffo make use of the analogue on the circle pad in 7.

Comment

Does the Wii U gamepad charge using a similar cable to that on say PS3 i.e. mini USB to USB? So I could charge and play.

Comment

No. Proprietary.

Comment

Mine got shipped today. Not getting it till the week after the next, I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                                X