No announcement yet.

Mario Kart 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any time I see fastest lap videos etc where they use an exploit I dismiss it. Same for even officially recognised vids that pop up on sitrs where people get fame for completing a game in record time and then you click play and it's exploit-expoit-exploit. If it isn't done within the standard parameters of the game it's meaningless and suggests a lack of real skill.

Comment

All is detailed on this page Guts

High-scores community for SMK. Unofficial, non-profit, fan-made. Comes free with fun and wacky people.

Comment

3 more retro track comparisons. Stunning work, rainbow road is pure

Comment

Ho-le-y Sh*t the remade Rainbow Road!

Comment

All videos do look great, notice there's a lot less barriers on the new version of RR too.

Comment

The game looks amazing and so much fun (something lacking in so many games ) . Just such a same Nintendo wasted so many years with the Wii and its sub par graphics and lack of high def . Games like this Nintendo could have been making years ago

Comment

Looks bloody brilliant and definitely makes me want a Wii U alot more.

Comment

Watching that video brought back so many happy memories. I have not seen the N64 Mario Kart in many years and seeing the side by side comparison is just incredible. I can't quite believe just how good the new tracks look compared to the old ones i long forgot. To think that 13 or so years ok i thought the N64 game was a thing of beauty, i think i have a new definition of beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    Just such a same Nintendo wasted so many years with the Wii and its sub par graphics and lack of high def .
                    Yes, I'm sure that Nintendo really regret selling 100m of them worldwide.

36m copies of MK Wii sold worldwide, 33m copies of Wii Sports Resort sold worldwide and 29m for NSMB Wii (to name a few).

A real waste of Nintendo's time, clearly.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 17-05-2014, 22:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      Y).

A real waste of Nintendo's time, clearly.
                      Past mate, Its all about the here and now and the Wii U is a distance 3rd place even being outsold by the Vita in Japan .

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        Past mate
                        It still happened, regardless of your repeated attempts at revisionism regarding the Wii (which was what your original post was about).

Hence my points still stands - the Wii might've been a waste of time in your opinion but the figures clearly show otherwise, and no amount of spin you try to put on it changes that.

Comment

Hence my points still stands - the Wii might've been a waste of time in your opinion but the figures clearly show otherwise, and no amount of spin you try to put on it changes that.
                          Good for the companies bottom line , but in the here and now Nintendo is behind in market share and a distance 3rd place. Corps like Nokia could once say we had buckets loads of cash and selling phones like hotcakes, but they didn't keep up with the tech and paid the price in terms of presence and market share .
                          In this day and age , looking back gets you nowhere and Nintendo lack of embracing tech, high def and On-Iine is now coming back to bite them on the bum .

Comment

Good for the companies bottom line , but in the here and now Nintendo is behind in market share and a distance 3rd place. Corps like Nokia could once say we had buckets loads of cash and selling phones like hotcakes, but they didn't keep up with the tech and paid the price in terms of presence and market share .
                            In this day and age , looking back gets you nowhere and Nintendo lack of embracing tech, high def and On-Iine is now coming back to bite them on the bum .
                            But the Wii was still a massive success.

End of.

Comment

Anyhoo, to stop further derailing of this thread...

Am I really doing MK8 a disservice if I write it off as looking like a (admittedly very nice) more polished MK Wii/7? No denying it looks good but I can't say that I like the way that MK Wii and MK7 play with their emphasis being more on power-ups than actual driving skill.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 18-05-2014, 11:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                Am I really doing MK8 a disservice if I write it off as looking like an (admittedly very nicely) more more polished MK Wii/7? No denying it looks good but I can't say that I like the way that MK Wii and MK7 play with their emphasis being more on power-ups than actual driving skill.
                                I felt the same way with MK on the Wii and 3DS. Fun games, but taken in not the best direction - too much of the original had been lost in favour of party additions. Various reviews of 8 have said that the racing/handling feels a whole lot more weighty and hardcore now, with more emphasis on racing as well as all the crazy fun stuff that makes MK. Sounds promising!

Comment

Working...
                                X