Mario Kart 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I nearly failed my degree thanks to battle mode on the N64
    It hasn't been very good since though...

Comment

In contrast with everyone else, whenever me and my friends played Mario Kart (since the SNES one), our favourite mode was racing, with battle mode taking the backseat.

Comment

No I agree, it was always about racing for me and my mates too.

Comment

Another who was never a big fan of battle mode here, almost all reviewers seem to think it's broken on MK8.

Time trial all the way baby! though snaking has made that a bit of a joke since the original SMK really.

Comment

Cant wait for this one to arrive, our Wii-U hasnt been on for about 6 months!

Eurogamer: 10/10

IGN: 9/10
            CVG: 9/10
            Videogamer: 9/10
            Joystiq: 4.5/5

Comment

Also never a fan of battle mode.

I am so hyped for this game. SO HYPED. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                Another who was never a big fan of battle mode here, almost all reviewers seem to think it's broken on MK8.

Time trial all the way baby! though snaking has made that a bit of a joke since the original SMK really.
                There's no snaking in MK: Wii, MK7 or MK8, it was mainly a problem in MK: DS.

Mario Kart is all about the racing for me, we enjoyed some Battle modes back in the day on SNES and N64, but it has really always been about 95% racing for me and on that, MK8 delivers.

Now, which Wii U bundle to purchase...

Comment

Don't even think I've entered battle mode since MK64. Without that as even a consideration all those reviews ate effectively a 10

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                    There's no snaking in MK: Wii, MK7 or MK8, it was mainly a problem in MK: DS.
                    Snaking is very present in MK7, I'm talking time trial side of things, sure people managed it on the Wii too, check out Google/Youtube.

Comment

Loved Battlemode on SNES but all of my time was spend eeking hundreths off my laptime. Mario Circuit 1 on SNES and Baby Park on GC were 2 I loved. The simpler tracks.

Comment

Snaking is very present in MK7, I'm talking time trial side of things, sure people managed it on the Wii too, check out Google/Youtube.
                        Its nothing like it was on the DS though. On the DS you basically had to constantly do it to keep up with anyone. You can still eek out a few extra boosts here and there but you couldnt constantly do it on MK7.

Snaking ruined MKDS

Comment

I see OBB, didn't really keep much on an eye on MK in the last ten years once snaking came in.

Mr O, I was the same with time trial back in '92. A new world record was set on MC1 on PAL SNES last Christmas, almost perfection, but does also involve a newish boosting technique too over the grass...

Comment

I see OBB, didn't really keep much on an eye on MK in the last ten years once snaking came in.

Mr O, I was the same with time trial back in '92. A new world record was set on MC1 on PAL SNES last Christmas, almost perfection, but does also involve a newish boosting technique too over the grass...

TBH I am fine with the above technique as that isn't snaking ... Thats jumping sliding and boosting which has been a mainstay of Mario Kart.

This is what I am talking about ....

Which is just completely ridiculous, most of the time you are just furiously wiggling the pad from side to side .. That isn't Mario Kart .. Hell that isn't even a game, just a sad pathetic waste of a few minutes. Trouble is unless you were prepared to do that every race on the DS there was no real point in playing it ... Totally runied it ...

Fortunately MK7 was not like that in any way, and hopefully neither will MK8.

Comment

I totally agree with you. Don't get the idea I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                                Its nothing like it was on the DS though. On the DS you basically had to constantly do it to keep up with anyone. You can still eek out a few extra boosts here and there but you couldnt constantly do it on MK7.

Snaking ruined MKDS
                                This. I've never seen anyone snake on either Wii or MK7 and I've played hundreds of races on both, but I play only the GP.

How does that guy cut through the rough on SMK? Some kinda glitch?

Comment

Working...
                                X