No announcement yet.

Mario Kart 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point dave. It's certainly not an issue for the 2 wiiu games I currently have. Was just thinking about 2 player mk8 with my daughter. firstly I'll need some kind of second controller and buying another wiiu gamepad is both excessive and impossible. Mia is happy to use the wiimote wheel but I think I'd rather use a smaller controller too. Suppose it's an excuse to nuu the pro. But if I bought a second wiimote I could use my classic controller pro couldn't I? And that would let us play the old wii sport resort 2 player as well.

Comment

Yeah you can, I'll be using the Classic Controller myself.

If you want to play Wii Sport Resort you'll require a Motion+ remote or the Motion+ attachment*, or you could buy Wii Party U which comes with a Motion+.

*It comes with the game.

Comment

Cheers dude

Comment

Looking forward to taking part and sucking in the bordersdown TT leaderboards here

Comment

Speaking of which, I've created the leaderboards over in the online gaming/challenges thread.

Comment

Count me in on that bad boy for sure.

Comment

Yep, I'm in. Hope I'm not disappointed in my faded skillz. I was a Mario Kart god back in the day.

Comment

You all know how to post screens here, right?

Visit the official Nintendo site to shop for Nintendo Switch™ systems and video games, read the latest news, find fun gear and gifts with a Nintendo twist, and much more.

(Exporting to tumblr is best, try dragging these into a new browser tab - they're practically uncompressed)
                  Last edited by dataDave; 22-05-2014, 10:01.

Comment

This is going to be awesome.

Comment

Didn't even know WiiU could do that. Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        But how do I know what pad to select to press 'A' on? This is why I gave up playing SSF4:AE - I just could never get my head around whether I should be using a pad or my arcade stick.

Maybe NNID service can scan through my total time spent on each Nintendo controller over the generations to automatically make a preferred selection for me? Can't the sensor bar then use magnets to make one levitate from where ever it's stored directly into my hands? Why don't Nintendo eliminate all of this confusion by putting cameras in the sensor bar so that I can control games with my bare hands - No need for ANY controller. That'd work!

Anyone know if I can use a SNES pad for this? Or the NES Max controller? Any good reasons why they wouldn't work? I'm completely BAFFLED!
                        Hahaha! Brilliant, Dave!

Comment

Please don't shoot the messenger!

If there's one Nintendo franchise that can be counted on to deliver the goods time and again, it's Mario Kart. As perha…

We can finally put that rumour to rest right here and confirm that Mario Kart 8 instead operates at what is effectively the console's standard 1280x720.
                          Mario Kart 8 effectively operates at 59fps with a subtle but continuous stutter visible on-screen.

Comment

What a joyless existence it must be, writing those columns.

Comment

Yeah but these things are important.....right?
                              59fps pfft what happened to Nintendo man.

Comment

Only happens with AI present. Maybe it will get patched out.

Comment

Working...
                                X