No announcement yet.

Mario Kart 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What controller do you plan on using for MK8?

Not played the Wii version, and using the floaty wheel thing scares me a little. Is it the classic controller pro all the way?

Comment

Good point. Daughter will want to use the wiimote inside the wheel casing so that means I'm left with the gamepad which doesn't seem ideal...

Comment

Does anyone know if it's compulsory for at least one player to use the gamepad?

If not I'll probably go with wiimote+nunchuk. Hundreds of hours on MK Wii means I'm well versed in that control method, and it's what I'll most likely be using when playing with my mates anyway.

I do like the sticks on the gamepad though....hmm.

Comment

I played the wii game using a GC controller. Don't think WiiU supports that though does it?

Comment

Good god Ninty have made and absolute, complete cluster f**k of a mess with the controller options on this console. Just have one, end of.

Comment

They certainly have. The controller that comes with it you can't even buy separately. It all started with Wii really but now it's even worse. A Wii Classic Controller Pro can operate the main WiiU menu just fine but then you get into a WiiU game and depending on the game it may or may not be happy with it.

Comment

Yeah, **** those Nintendo bastards, allowing backwards compatibility with your old controllers! **** you Nintendo, you ruined gaming for me!

Edit: Guess people would prefer to buy three extra controller tablets priced ?80 each for multiplayer. At least it'd be simple enough, am I right?
                Last edited by Guts; 21-05-2014, 15:20.

Comment

I used a wave bird for the Wii version.
                  Gamepad should suit me fine. I may prefer the pro controller but as already mentioned, perhaps at least one does have to be the gamepad

Comment

Originally posted by Guts
                    Yeah, **** those Nintendo bastards, allowing backwards compatibility with your old controllers! **** you Nintendo, you ruined gaming for me!
                    Yeah, to be fair, for all the criticism Nintendo gets over controllers, from the moment I bought my Wii U I had 4 additional controllers ready to roll. That to me is fantastic, especially with how important local multi is for Nintendo games.

Compare that to PS4 or Bone. ?150 extra to have 4 players, no matter how many DS3s or 360 controllers you own, which have almost the exact same buttons as the new versions. That's a bigger load of bull**** than a slightly confusing array of options.

Comment

But wasn't the Wii U Gamepad meant to be what separates the Wii U from its rivals . But most Wii U games makes next to no meaningful use of it and Mario Kart seems to follow than trend . Maybe Nintendo should do a MS like move and ship the system without the Gamepad to reduce the cost of the system to get sales :P

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                        Lol, they really haven't though. No non-vc wii u games support wii classic controllers at all. Gamepad and Wii U pro Controller can't be used with Wii titles. I do see what you're saying but because support is decided on a per-title basis it's just so incredibly confusing!

Still looking forward to MK8 though, and now pleased to have a nintendo console under the telly.

Comment

I'll be all over mario kart 8, maybe get some bordersdown tourneys going!!!

I'll be the one at the back with the blue shell

Comment

You load the game as normal and at the main menu when it asks you to press A, simply do this on the desired pad .

Comment

But how do I know what pad to select to press 'A' on? This is why I gave up playing SSF4:AE - I just could never get my head around whether I should be using a pad or my arcade stick.

Maybe NNID service can scan through my total time spent on each Nintendo controller over the generations to automatically make a preferred selection for me? Can't the sensor bar then use magnets to make one levitate from where ever it's stored directly into my hands? Why don't Nintendo eliminate all of this confusion by putting cameras in the sensor bar so that I can control games with my bare hands - No need for ANY controller. That'd work!

Anyone know if I can use a SNES pad for this? Or the NES Max controller? Any good reasons why they wouldn't work? I'm completely BAFFLED!

---

The game (like every other Wii U game) works with the controller that came with the console, like every single other video game ever released (unless otherwise bundled with an alternative). If you want to use Wii controllers then there are options available.

Comment

Did you just have an argument with yourself?

Comment

Working...
                                X