No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say no, most UK based special editions (a la Halo Reach or Star Wars Xbox 360 etc.) aren't worth much or anything extra. I assume there are a couple of exceptions to that rule, like the Zelda 3DS for example. And although these PS4 will undoubtedly remain expensive for secondhand sales my guess is they will fall to much lower values once the hype train slows down and particularly as newer PS4 revisions become available.

Comment

I would kill for a Gran Turismo 7 release any time soon.

Just putting that out there. GT5 looked INCREDIBLE on PS3, fully expect GT7 to blow my mind.

Comment

Part of the gang now too!

Do you guys turn it off after playing or leave it in that standby mode? Whats the benefits of standby mode?

Comment

It can continue to download stuff and you can charge your controller via the powered USB ports.

I've gotten into the habit of turning mine completely off, don't like the idea of the machine essentially being on when it isn't in use. Unless, of course, I plan to download something.

Comment

That's what I do. If I'm DLing or need to charge the pad I'll stick it in sleep mode. Otherwise it goes off.

Comment

I imagine these LE PS4's will retain some of their value due to the nature of the promotion but I kind of expect the dust to settle and them not to be worth too much more than the launch rrp. ?500ish sounds about right to pay to be honest. 12,300 units made even for worldwide isn't that small a number to be honest, many LE's have had much smaller runs so I imagine the current prices are just panic buys... like legless Peach Amiibo's

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                Indeed, but if I can somehow actually put it back into a gaming level of relevance, I just mean it's a farcical way of selling something, so limited that people want. Days have passed we've sat here and tried to get in the correct way, yet failed each and every time due to an unfair system.

With that said, people have the right to be rather agitated.
                If I remember rightly you bought iPhone 5s or 4s in bulk on release then boosted them for profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  I imagine these LE PS4's will retain some of their value due to the nature of the promotion but I kind of expect the dust to settle and them not to be worth too much more than the launch rrp. ?500ish sounds about right to pay to be honest. 12,300 units made even for worldwide isn't that small a number to be honest, many LE's have had much smaller runs so I imagine the current prices are just panic buys... like legless Peach Amiibo's
                  I kind of think you're right that ultimately they will settle down to that sort of price eventually. Again by the time they do I won't be bothered about owning one anymore. I wanted one to use now as I'm certainly not a collector of systems.

Anyway after catching up on NeoGaf I'm definitely in the loser camp again. Although I thought I had a good time quite a number had times better than mine. Given that we've seen 500 sold this week, 194 sold at the pop up store and a handful pop up in competitions there does seem to be 200-300 machines unaccounted for. So unless Sony lied there might be a final chance but I think I'll accept defeat on this one.

Not sure if anyone won one today, but well done and good luck to everyone else. NeoGaf seems to be victory formation tonight, where as RLLMUK forum is like Soldier Field.
                  Last edited by Digfox; 19-12-2014, 20:36.

Comment

Do all games install for this long? I started GTA5 only to be introduced to an install screen.

Comment

Open world games are likely to as they need to have everything available to function.

The more linear ones install as they go.

Comment

Ok. Thanks!

Comment

Picked up Sherlock Holmes on PS4 from Smyth's ?19--99 also on Xbox one

Also Assassin's Creed unity ?25 in Tesco and Asda.
                          Last edited by BIG EDD; 21-12-2014, 02:30.

Comment

Latest trailer for FF15

To celebrate the opening of Jump Festa 2015, this brand new FINAL FANTASY XV trailer features a first-look at some of the exciting new features and familiar ...

Comment

I'm tempted to go on blackout for FFXV. It's one of those games where each trailer/reveal seems to lessen my interest in it. The original trailer was certainly edited heavily through scripted moments but it gave me hope the series might be more like a super polished PS1/2 era entry. All the footage containing stiltedly animated driving and MMO style open field battling is killing it for me, I hope the whole game isn't leaning that way as a full focus.

Comment

While there is a lot I like in terms of location and lack of whiny bitches, Square couldn't make a decent FF game if they tried. It doesn't need to be westernised gameplay wise, the series was already massive and did roughly 6m units when XII came out.

Comment

Working...
                                X