No announcement yet.

PSVR2: Next-Gen Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up the original PSVR was the biggest ball ache about the whole thing. Wires all over the place. Looking forward to a drastically slimmed down setup. Much more kid-compatible.

Comment

I strongly advocate people get a charging dock. I had one for the PSVR because related to what [MENTION=3220]endo[/MENTION] said, I knew if I ever put that back in the box it was never coming out again!

I got a dock which supported a headset and both controllers, and had that on top of the TV unit. Really helped.

Comment

Horizon is cited as being 7hrs long. Assuming that it's not correct as game lengths are always overstated by a reasonable margin I'm assuming it's 4-5hrs long in practice.

Comment

I'm both really pleased that PSVR2 is reviewing well, but also gutted the FOMO is going to kick in soon!

Comment

Good to see it's reviewing well. Always felt just by the hardware spec sheet it was going to be on point and whilst the entry price is fair for what you're getting I still think it's a hard sell in this current market.

I also think the software side of things isn't there for me. There's nothing there that makes me want to be an early adopter, though aiming in Rez with just your eye movement does sound cool.

Hopefully the game support improves at a steady rate from launch and some form of killer app drops.

Comment

It's a pretty good entry point to high quality VR I think. Got a PS5? No brainer. Not got a PS5 or a PC? PS5+PSVR2 is cheapest entry point still; a PC setup will cost you double probably.

Have fun everyone, VR is awesome. I wanna hear what gran turismo is like

Comment

Looks at bank account... Damn it

Comment

They really need to sort out PC compatibility if they want to shift units. I didn't realise it wasn't compatible besides it now only using a single USB C.

You'd figure the community will find a way of getting it working but really Sony could offer up some official support.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    It's a pretty good entry point to high quality VR I think. Got a PS5? No brainer. Not got a PS5 or a PC? PS5+PSVR2 is cheapest entry point still; a PC setup will cost you double probably.

Have fun everyone, VR is awesome. I wanna hear what gran turismo is like
                    Price aside this is plug and play with a nice curated library of games, I just hope the quality and quantity continues.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      They really need to sort out PC compatibility if they want to shift units. I didn't realise it wasn't compatible besides it now only using a single USB C.

You'd figure the community will find a way of getting it working but really Sony could offer up some official support.
                      Not looking good unless Sony step up, time will tell

No more ungainly break-out boxes to contend with; thankfully PSVR 2 connects to PlayStation 5 via a single USB-C cable. But if you think you’ll be able to plug in that seemingly standard cable to a VR-ready PC to play Half-Life: Alyx like you might with standalones such as Quest 2, Vive XR Elite or Pico 4, …

Comment

The lack of PC support is really one of the biggest clangers Sony has pulled with PSVR2. Apparently within the first month there are over 50 games releasing/updating and after that things settle down but given the narrow market the headset faces they would have been able to port Horizon and garner more sales from PC whilst also then having a greater incentive to update their older titles too which are all MIA from having support. A shame as the headset would have undoubtedly been a popular PCVR option given the great reviews, as it is... it absolutely screams PS Vita Redux

Comment

Something about PSVR2 which hasn't been said much in the run-up to launch is that it has one selling point which is absolutely unique - if Sony offers PSVR2 games on Playstation Plus, that makes it the only VR headset platform with a content subscription service.

I assume they've got means to derive, at their end, what proportion of the userbase uses VR and how that affects their subscription business.

Comment

Sony won't want PSVR2 on PC as without being able to control the whole stack as they do on the console they can't ensure a consistent experience. Plus there is a little bit of a tweak to the PS5 GPU to support the VR hardware too.

Comment

Its all about locking people into the PS eco system. The real profit margin is in the games and rolling subscriptions.
                              PC compatibility might come at a later date. There hasn't been any mention of any of the key releases getting the the same VR treatment for PC from what I`ve seen. TBH I doubt Capcom would be in a hurry to waste the time and money as all the recent Resi games are fully playable in VR on PC with a simple addition of a couple of files.

I`m looking forward to having a go on Gran Turismo and the HZD game.

Comment

I just find it odd that they wouldn't support PC as part of a larger strategy, given the size of the market and the fact they're already porting titles over...

I get the console might be tweaked to support it specifically but it's not like PC doesn't already support similar headsets...

To me it's just money being left on the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X