X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    https://www.eurogamer.net/playstatio...from-september
    Sony jacks up the price of PlayStation Plus across the board
    I've got 4 years of the Turkish stuff stacked, should they ever lock that I'll be sending the 5 off to the knackers yard. Would be nice if everyone voted with their feet and just stopped buying subs. Dreadful value and woefully timed for people being hit with increases everywhere else, Sony have done themselves no favours here.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I've owned countless PSP, 4 Vita, 4 PS3, 3 PS4 and now a PS5 and I've not once subbed to PS Plus.

Comment

I got a notification not that long ago telling me that my sub was due to auto-renew soon - early September, £49.99 for the pauper tier. Well, I went and looked the other day and it was saying I could actively choose to add a year for £34.99 instead. I did. I heard the news today about that £49.99 becoming £59.99, so looked to see what it said on the dashboard, and the same offer - £34.99 for another year - was still available with an expiry date of 30/08. It let me add one more year at that price before the offer disappearing. While it's certainly valid to question the overall value of the program, I'm glad I was at least online today and caught the news in time to renew again.

Comment

Canadian price is currently $70 (was $50/year to start) and going up to $110 by the looks of it. I planned on waiting until Black Friday (sub runs out the week before), but that might not even get me back.

Comment

I already let mine expire last month as it's just not worthwhile, we've come a long way from PS3's free online gaming

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              I got a notification not that long ago telling me that my sub was due to auto-renew soon - early September, £49.99 for the pauper tier. Well, I went and looked the other day and it was saying I could actively choose to add a year for £34.99 instead. I did. I heard the news today about that £49.99 becoming £59.99, so looked to see what it said on the dashboard, and the same offer - £34.99 for another year - was still available with an expiry date of 30/08. It let me add one more year at that price before the offer disappearing. While it's certainly valid to question the overall value of the program, I'm glad I was at least online today and caught the news in time to renew again.
              Where’s this located? I’ve never seen that option as mine is up in a few weeks.

Comment

In the main PS5 UI, under the far left PS+ tab on the menu, then having scrolled down a bit where the three options are displayed next to one another horizontally. As of last night it quoted me the price to upgrade under the two leftmost tiers, and a standard renewal price on the third cheapo tier, but when the deal was still active it was a £49.99 price in strikethrough and £34.99 with an expiry date of 30/08 showing.

Comment

Nice cheers Fuse.

Comment

Time to turn off auto renew me thinks, Sony only just put prices up very recently, i wonder if this is in relation to that lawsuit from last year about price fixing, take with one hand give back with the other.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 31-08-2023, 09:18.

Comment

Maybe they're putting up their prices in anticipation of Starfields release and have awkwardly forgotten it's not on PS5

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Maybe they're putting up their prices in anticipation of Starfields release and have awkwardly forgotten it's not on PS5
                        i can imagine the conversation

"Sir Microsoft just canceled the game pass £1 trial as Starfeild is coming out, what should we do to capatlise?

Druken incoherent mumbling....

put our prices up really? you do know we don't have Starfield ?

Druken incoherent mumbling....

we do have a VR headset that we've forgotten to make software for or secure any of the big releases from PC, maybe we could do something with that no ?

DRUNKEN RED FACED SHOUTING

Ok sir ill increase the prices by £10 to £20"
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 31-08-2023, 14:20.

Comment

Comment

I counted 5 games that I've played this year from PS Plus and I reckon there are about a dozen more in the backlog that I want to play so I definitely get value for money even on the cheapest plan. Cloud saves have also saved my skin when a few local save files were corrupted

Comment

I still can't believe they've locked cloud saves behind PS+...

Comment

IIRC you can still copy savefiles on a local hard drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X