No announcement yet.

PlayStation 5: Thread 05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold them all most likely, The Christmas just after launch they were selling for between £800-1000 in the UK, I remember looking around a lot as game messed up my pre-order (my fault for using game) I eventually got one but only by using a discord that sent out alerts when stock came back in. It was interesting following what happened and the prices they were going for in the secondary market, it was a beat the bot scenario. I remember Amazon selling out in seconds, John Lewis just crashing out, Tesco and Very came up trumps for me in the end and i ended up with multiple units in the end.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 25-03-2024, 14:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      i ended up with multiple units in the end.
      bUrN tHe sCaLpEr!

Comment

You guys’ RRP is Japan’s scalper price!

My PS5 was £365 (¥55,000) direct from Amazon JP and people were reselling them for £450-500.

The digital one was £300 and easier to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

bUrN tHe sCaLpEr!
          The only thing I got out of the deal was a ton of Clubcard points that I spent on a 24 pack of beans for the local orphanage, my soul is clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I sometimes wonder what happened to the scalpers who filled their houses with PS5s and tried selling them at a ridiculous markup.

Now they're easily available and reduced in some places (£400 on Amazon atm), did they cut their losses and sell them on?
            They can't have sold all of them.

I think they probably did sell them pretty easily honestly. PS5s were scarce for an incredibly long time, when you consider that they launched three and a half years ago and they spent the whole first 18 months to 2 years being fairly difficult to source. Prices peaked that first Christmas, though. I felt lucky in that I managed to get two launch day machines (one I passed onto a mate, at cost obvs).

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

The only thing I got out of the deal was a ton of Clubcard points that I spent on a 24 pack of beans for the local orphanage, my soul is clean!!!
              Don't you bring the orphans in to your scalper shenanigans, you've hit a new low Lebowski.

Comment

Anyone know where to get new replacement DuelSense Haptic motors from? Theres 2 listings on eBay for used ones and most the sites that did have pages up seem to not have them in stock.

Comment

Comment

That’s still going?

Comment

I'm amazed it is, it was clunky even when it originally launched

Comment

Comment

I mean it's Metro reporting so pinch of salt but I do think the Pro (given the specs) is an interesting move given where we are this gen.

Comment

-50 points to Gryffindor for giving the Mail group ad revenue by reposting links.

Comment

We will see exactly where it fits in the market, or if it does at all in the current market, at the end of the day if it sells that badly then they probably wont do another pro model, if it does similar numbers to the PS4pro then they probably will.

Comment

New update (2.0.6) for PS Portal supposedly improves performance and video quality

Reddit impressions

Comment

Working...
                                X