No announcement yet.

PlayStation 5: Thread 05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been an interesting game to see lead up to release, from an online discourse and gaming journalism POV it's really highlighted just how far off other media gaming remains when it comes to discussing or containing content. Like the concept that sex still sells is a revelation to some.

Comment

Its a weird discourse you take a main stream recent rom com film like Anyone but you which seems a vehicle for Sydney Sweeney to wander about in a bikini for extended periods of time and none of the chatter around that film is about her looks as that would be considered sexist. With a virtual character its open season and discussions about the game being designed for the male gaze are everywhere.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 26-04-2024, 12:03.

Comment

Yep, it's like all of the lambasting the game took for having unrealistic portrayals of womens bodies so they announced the real model used for the character who admittedly is an incredibly accurate match. It's certainly not a typical figure and they know and we know what the intent is but it's more damning of the sector that a level headed discussion can't be had about it. It's been a while since a mainstream major title has courted pretty heavy handed female depictions which is probably why SB has been a lightning rod whilst other smaller titles slide by. It's a bit of a mark of shame on the industry that it's around 50 years old now and still can't handle the subject of sex or physical appeal across the genders with any level of grown up consideration. It's all over film and music but it really harks back to the misguided notion that games are for kids (despite the excessive violence that is no longer worried about).
        It's definitely a bit eye rolling as to how much the camera in SB focuses on Eve but I can easily imagine many heavy complainers will quickly stow their complaints when Dead or Alive 7 rocks up etc.

Comment

Housemarque have something sizzling...

Um, I'm going with Smashed Eyes EX plus Alpha

Comment

Oh year, somethings in the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              Its a weird discourse you take a main stream recent rom com film like Anyone but you which seems a vehicle for Sydney Sweeney to wander about in a bikini for extended periods of time and none of the chatter around that film is about her looks as that would be considered sexist. With a virtual character its open season and discussions about the game being designed for the male gaze are everywhere.
              "Anyone But You is for us normal people, whereas Stellar Blade clearly wasn't created for anyone butt you uber nerds to ogle at"

is what they'd probably say

Comment

Comment

after 3..... 1....2.....3....."BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Giz game der

Comment

Wow people were posting all sorts of crazy theory's on Reddit yesterday, nobody guessed a Newsground looking animation and some art books surprisingly.

Comment

Hang on, I could've sworn I saw one site posting a thing earlier today harping on about how Returnal was still the PlayStation's best exclusive or something to that effect. That's mighty fishy timing, no?

edit: here you are - https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...ial-exclusive/
                      Last edited by fuse; 30-04-2024, 16:27.

Comment

Stellar Blade getting a Boss Rush mode in the future.

Also, the game has the 3rd highest rated game by userscore for PS5 ever. Just behind Resi 4 and Cyberpunk.

By the way, the day one patch added New Game Plus and a whopping 34 additional costumes to unlock taking the total 74!
                        Last edited by hudson; 01-05-2024, 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          Stellar Blade getting a Boss Rush mode in the future.

Also, the game has the 3rd highest rated game by userscore for PS5 ever. Just behind Resi 4 and Cyberpunk.

By the way, the day one patch added New Game Plus and a whopping 34 additional costumes to unlock taking the total 74!
                          it's a cracking game, I'm about 18 hours in, and it says im at 50% done, ive spent a lot of time just exploring, finding all sorts of treasure and doing side quests, It helps that the world is packed with stuff to find and that the combat is so fun, the perfect parry system feels so natural and is really satisfying to use. Id put it up their as one of my fave ps5 exclusives, hoping it comes too pc too as the bigger the audience the better for games like this.

Comment

I would say doing the side quests are a must as the rewards are usually massive. Money, parts, skill points! I think if you swerve the side quests, you might find it difficult further down the line.

I'm about 55 hours in and like you I'm sniffing every pixel of the game. I've currently just finished

Matrix 11 and now on to the Great Desert, but before I do, I went back to the start of the game Eidos streets is it

? Anyway, I've found stuff I missed the first time around (and I thought I sniffed all the pixels there!).

Loving it loads. I've decided after I'm done with it, I'm getting the Nier games and Bayonetta. Both I haven't played!

Comment

PlayStation is taking the odd step of removing one of its biggest first-party games from the PlayStation Plus catalogue…

Likely just in time to charge you £60 again for it

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                                I would say doing the side quests are a must as the rewards are usually massive. Money, parts, skill points! I think if you swerve the side quests, you might find it difficult further down the line.

I'm about 55 hours in and like you I'm sniffing every pixel of the game. I've currently just finished

Matrix 11 and now on to the Great Desert, but before I do, I went back to the start of the game Eidos streets is it

? Anyway, I've found stuff I missed the first time around (and I thought I sniffed all the pixels there!).

Loving it loads. I've decided after I'm done with it, I'm getting the Nier games and Bayonetta. Both I haven't played!
                                Nier is a Treat it’s a game that opens up on multiple playthroughs as well as hiding massive parts of the game after your first play-through. i think i got every ending in that game and really struggled with the last one.

Comment

Working...
                                X