Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's the framerate more than anything else. Visually I reckon it's still a treat, but the jumpy framerate just tarnishes that arcade feeling. Much moreso that, say, VF3tb - which I felt was a pretty cracking port, if not perfect.

Sega Rally 2 still brings a nice feeling to play though... maybe because of all those times I used to read about it in SSM and not think I'd ever even playing it, given the lack of arcades in Bristol.

Comment

Input Up, A, Down, Down, Left, Right, B, B, Down on the title screen for an improved framerate on SRC2

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
        Input Up, A, Down, Down, Left, Right, B, B, Down on the title screen for an improved framerate on SRC2
        and reduced scenery.

I could never tell much difference in the framerate with this code, but its prolly just me.

Comment

Wow right you are, nice one - framerate much nicer now.

Removes the 30fps cap I assume? A cap seems a bit pointless here... capping framerates are meant to reduce visible framerate fluctuations, as fluctuations can look worse than a constant low framerate.... but I reckon the framerate is pretty good till you hit corners, which still look bad with the cap anyway.

Comment

Sometimes it really does help to have a gaming brother, as he just picked up.

Street of Rage 2 (MD)
            James Pond 3 (MD)
            Batman Returns (SNES)
            Cannon Fodder (SNES) Not quite as good as the Amiga versions.

Gamestation handy for some think.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
              Wow right you are, nice one - framerate much nicer now.

Removes the 30fps cap I assume? A cap seems a bit pointless here... capping framerates are meant to reduce visible framerate fluctuations, as fluctuations can look worse than a constant low framerate.... but I reckon the framerate is pretty good till you hit corners, which still look bad with the cap anyway.
              The code does away with some of the roadside scenery to help the framerate. Like you say though, it's still erratic.

JP version through VGA with that code = smoothest version

Comment

How does the PAL game compare to the JPN game generally? Bearing in mind the PAL game runs at full-screen 60Hz when using a VGA cable anyway. I did read at the time that the PAL game had some cars switched/added.

Comment

Yeah, I know the PAL game runs fullscreen in VGA, but I'm reliably informed by Dave SS (fastest EU player, 2nd fastest in the World) that the JP version is slightly better.

JP version has the Pug 106, while the EU version has a Fiat Seicento (sp?). JP version also has the magnificent Go! Go! Sega Rally song

Comment

Hmm.. got a DC complete with an official sega light gun and a copy of soul calibur (disc only) for 10 quid at a boot sale a few weeks ago! And got a copy of house of the dead 2 complete with box and manual off ebay for another tenner!

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper
                      dunno if this counts as retro or what but i've just purchased this (using my girlfriend's ebay account before any of you mention the username...):

Damn this is so cool
                      Nice. I've got the real deal though. Removed from the one of the walls of the Nintendo/Bandai UK HQ circa 1996. One of only four and measuring just over a meter in length. The white background is reflective btw.

Pictured with some gayer Mario sign purchased from Bursledon car boot sale for 50p.

Comment

How much was that Hokuto no Ken, Wheelaa?

Comment

Burseldon Car Boot - another person who goes there! It is crap these days though, as it is all stolen goods 'n' asylum seekers.

Originally posted by yosai
                          Nice. I've got the real deal though.Removed from the one of the walls of the Nintendo/Bandai UK HQ circa 1996. One of only four and measuring just over a meter in length. The white background is reflective btw.

Pictured with some gayer Mario sign purchased from Bursledon car boot sale for 50p.

Comment

Originally posted by Emir
                            How much was that Hokuto no Ken, Wheelaa?
                            Not much..about 10 Euros iirc (its new too)

Comment

Just got my hands on this bad boy...

Bought purely out of interest to be honest. I don't remember this from the N64 days, and I thought my N64 knowledge was decent!!

Anyone know what games are 'compatible' with this thing? Off the top of my head the N64 only got Knife Edge, Aerofighters Assault, Nuclear Strike and Chopper Attack that would perhaps play with this thing. Surely they wouldn't have made a controller just for those few flight games!?

Comment

Originally posted by thebuddahman
                                Just got my hands on this bad boy...

Bought purely out of interest to be honest. I don't remember this from the N64 days, and I thought my N64 knowledge was decent!!

Anyone know what games are 'compatible' with this thing? Off the top of my head the N64 only got Knife Edge, Aerofighters Assault, Nuclear Strike and Chopper Attack that would perhaps play with this thing. Surely they wouldn't have made a controller just for those few flight games!?
                                Well the Gamecube has a flightstick and I can only think of one comaptible game for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X