Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonanza Bros on the MD is all kinds of win. RRRRRRRRRRRBOW-WOW!

I wonder if one of those GB back lights would fit a Neo Geo Pocket?

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
      Been toying with idea of modding some for people, but want to practice it a bit on my own consoles before I trust myself to do someone elses!
      I picked up an original yellow GB at a boot sale in the summer for a quid. Quite happy to send it your way to mess about with if you like?

Comment

This arrived last week but I''ve gotten back into single screen platformers in MAME recently so I thought I'd post it. Not as good as BB or Don Doko Don of course but it's still a fun game and later Taito games reference it.

The MSX port is designed to run on the MSX1 hardware so the graphics are pretty basic and it's missing some animation effects plus at least one enemy type I think. There is a near arcade perfect X68000 version (with an arranged soundtrack) from 1991 though.

Also got a copy of another Bubble Bobble precursor on the way: Chack'n Pop - the PC-88/X1/FM-7 ports seem to be far more accurate than the Famicom or MSX versions oddly enough.

Comment

MSX output RGB right?

I think I'd better off with one of those than an X68000 for now.. Lovely art there.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            MSX output RGB right?

I think I'd better off with one of those than an X68000 for now..
            Yep, you can do RGB through SCART if you get the right cable.

I've got some X68000 games but finding the right hardware in good condition with shipping is a lot of money to spend in one go. A MSX2+ should be much easier to get hold of. Which MSX games have got you interested in buying one then?
            Last edited by mezzanine; 20-09-2011, 18:04.

Comment

I have a yamaha MSX but I've never used it for games

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                I wonder if one of those GB back lights would fit a Neo Geo Pocket?
                did you have to mention that! now it's going around and around and around in my head!

Comment

Make it so mister monkey and I'll have one too

Comment

Originally posted by mezzanine View Post
                    Yep, you can do RGB through SCART if you get the right cable.

I've got some X68000 games but finding the right hardware in good condition with shipping is a lot of money to spend in one go. A MSX2+ should be much easier to get hold of. Which MSX games have got you interested in buying one then?
                    Not really got anything in mind really, but I know there's some nice titles. I know they're easier to get hold of yeah, and cheaper too!

Comment

I've seen a 21" Sony Trinitron KV-21X1U locally - anybody knew if it does 60hz?

Comment

Sure it would through RGB. Can't imagine a trinitron that wouldn't.

Comment

RGB isn't affected by 50/60 anyway.

Comment

Well, it's more the fact that RGB isn't affected by PAL/NTSC video encoding issues, because RGB is RGB. I suppose it's theorietically possible for a TV to be compatible with RGB50 but not RGB60, but I've never heard of such a case.

Comment

I used to have an RGB set that couldn't do 60Hz... it isn't guaranteed. But yeah, a Trinitron almost certainly would be fine, anything after ~ 1990 at a guess.

Comment

I get confused with TV jargon, sorry. My current retro TV is a Toshiba 2102TB. It has 2 SCART sockets and says 50hz on the back. My Japanese Saturn does not display a picture if I plug it into SCART1 and displays only in Black & White in SCART2 - I've been using a Joytech AV Control box to get a colour picture. However, I just hooked up my PAL Gamecube and tried the 60hz only Zelda Collector's Disc and it displays fine in both SCART sockets.

Comment

Working...
                                X