No announcement yet.

SEGA SATURN - the discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have a list of netlink compatible games for the saturn? non japanese and non ntsc titles as i only have a pal machine

Comment

I don't think there were any PAL netlink games. I could be wrong though.

I know the US got:
      Daytona CCE
      Sega Rally
      Duke Nukem 3D
      Cyber Troopers Virtual On
      and there was one more that I forget.

I'd imagine if netlink compatible games made it over to PAL format that they would be the same ones as the US had.

Comment

Bomberman i believe...

Comment

Isn't there a Saturn game that has an unfinished Netlink option in the debug menu? I can't remember which one it is...

Comment

I don't know about Netlink, but Hexen had an unfinished system link mode. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Comment

That's the monkey. Soz.

Comment

well just set up and played my derby stallion saturn

its the first time i've owned a see thru home console and i found myself being mysteriously drawn to the spinning disc

didnt want to play my games any more and just watch the pretty disc spinning and spinning and spinning and.....

snap out of it - yeah its nice

finished elevator action returns on normal mode and got the original game as a bonus - which is still pretty decent

Comment

ive got ?90, and i wanna spend it on saturn gear..but the only games ive heard of that are any good are ?70 upwards (panzer, radiant, shining force 3 etc) any less costly games i can get that are any good? any region...so long as if its JP i can play without having to know japanese lol

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zentazuken
                    ive got ?90, and i wanna spend it on saturn gear..but the only games ive heard of that are any good are ?70 upwards (panzer, radiant, shining force 3 etc) any less costly games i can get that are any good? any region...so long as if its JP i can play without having to know japanese lol

thanks!
                    shame mate i just sold a bucket load of games to my pal

the only Japanese 1 i have left is streetfighter collection

Comment

thanks!
                      Unless your PAL Saturn is switched, get a Jap Saturn.

What sort of games do you want? Shoot 'em ups? RPGs? Fighters? What??

Comment

anything but sports games really, in order of favourite id probably go rpg>shoot em up>fighters but i love 2 player cooperative games if there are any out there for the saturn.

Comment

anything but sports games really, in order of favourite id probably go rpg>shoot em up>fighters but i love 2 player cooperative games if there are any out there for the saturn.
                          I've had some great times playing Guardian Heroes 2-player co-op with my brother. Go for it.

Comment

alright, ive bid on a guardian heroes on ebay, pal version, whats it usually go for?

anyone know what i should pay for a nights+3d pad sealed?

Comment

Okay... I have a PAL Saturn with speed and country switches. But it isn't modded. Now, I'm sure the rules on this forum preclude directly mentioning where to buy mod chips, but.. please... could someone PM or e-mail me and direct me to a reputable UK seller? If there are any left!

FYI, I believe my Saturn needs a 21-pin chip: it has round buttons, not oval ones.

Comment

Originally posted by chis
                                Okay... I have a PAL Saturn with speed and country switches. But it isn't modded. Now, I'm sure the rules on this forum preclude directly mentioning where to buy mod chips, but.. please... could someone PM or e-mail me and direct me to a reputable UK seller? If there are any left!

FYI, I believe my Saturn needs a 21-pin chip: it has round buttons, not oval ones.
                                I think it's slightly different with Saturns because the mod chip is just used to play copies as far as I'm aware. If you've already got a switched Saturn you can already play every type of game available.

Comment

Working...
                                X