No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Footballer? That was Sir Les Ferdinand!

COYS

Comment

Jesus, they'll give a Knighthood for anything eh.

Comment

Okay, I stand corrected. The internet can find an answer for everything. Andy Wilman lurks around the Finalgear forums, I think, considering the morse code comment by Jezza. Either way, it was a great lap by, err, that man. You can tell I haven't got a clue who he is.
        Last edited by Richard.John; 02-12-2008, 13:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie View Post
          Jesus, they'll give a Knighthood for anything eh.
          He doesn't have a Knighthood, Sir Les is a nickname. He has an MBE

Comment

You had to laugh at the Fiesta roadtest! Was brilliant at the end, Jezza standing with his foot on the bonnet, gunfire going off, helicopters hovering overhead!

Comment

Plus late night racing through a shopping centre must have been a lot of fun.

Comment

Yeah surprised they got permission for that. Clarksons joke at the end about watching on Dave in February and good luck finding a new job was funny - assuming we're all still employed by then.

Caterham going 'round the track looked the nuts, could tell The Stig was loving it.

Comment

Yeh it's an unbelievably fast car for £36,000! Just amazing.

Comment

I quite liked the eastern european car item, thought the fiesta roadtest was garbage and I always get irked when I see a fortune of taxpayers money getting pissed up the wall when they get the forces involved like that.

I'd love to know if Top Gear pay full whack for the use of the military or if its called 'exercises' and the taxpayer coughs up.

the caterham did look a bit lively in the bends, more like a go kart, exceptional bang for your buck if you want a cheap fast car though (assuming you can fit in it)

that german thing was hideous though, looked like it needed a roof (and a bit of a price cut).

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the military were doing an exercise, and Top Gear tagged along.

Remember the Polar Expedition one? According to the Toyota Magazine (it has a pretty l33t readership...) that whole thing was being done by Toyota themselves, and Top Gear came along for the ride.

I really enjoyed the Fiesta review! Watched the first few cars on the Communist Car section then forwarded through the rest.

Comment

The way the picture kept going all fuzzy during the Eastern Block feature really got on my tits.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                          Plus late night racing through a shopping centre must have been a lot of fun.
                          This was Festival Place in Basingstoke, it was filmed about three weeks ago and the Corvette tyre marks are still there!!!!

Comment

I think it's a sign of my age that as the segment went on I was thinking "Those tyre marks are going to be hell to shift".

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                              I think it's a sign of my age that as the segment went on I was thinking "Those tyre marks are going to be hell to shift".
                              me as well !

I found the whole bit in the mall stressful with the tyre marks and stuff getting knocked over, I don't like mess, its all a bit ocd.

Comment

The Fiesta segment was incredible. He didn't sum it up, but Ford must be pleased as it's clearly a super car.

Who else thought that Hamnond was trying too hard to be Jezza at the beginning. A bit embarrassing actually and it showed that TG needs JC.
                                Last edited by Richard.John; 08-12-2008, 10:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X