No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was some serious car collection yes.

re the new Honda, James May does put together some good stuff when left to his own devices.

The Tesla acceleration was pretty impressive stuff also.

Comment

Pretty poor, overall, but the Honda was interesting.

Comment

so what was the morse code saying this week? just curious to know

Comment

I see Top Gear have had to fess up and admit that the Tesla never ran out of battery power, and that their scene showing them pushing it back to base was all staged. Tut tut.

Oh, and while I remember... the Honda hydrogen powered car... it's not that unique! BMW stuck a hydrogen powered engine in the 7 series some time back!

Comment

My brother was saying the same thing about the 7 Series when the episode was on; think he might have said Mercedes also had a hydrogen-powered car?

Disappointed to hear that they lied about the Tesla. Staging jokes is one thing but I don't understand why the felt the need to make that car out to be worse than it was. It's an amazing piece of technology and I'd rather know its real problems than ones they've just fabricated in order to try and make their Honda feature seem more relevant.

Comment

Apparently they wanted to show what would happen IF it ran out of power. Yeah right.

Here's the link btw... http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/12...op_gear_tesla/

Comment

I think that's disgusting behaviour, for a small company like Tesla coverage on a program like top gear could generate a lot of interest in their product, especially in these financially difficult times.

Fair enough slate a car if you don't like it but don't deliberately stage a major lie that makes it look garbage. Its no differnet to loosening wheel nuts and saying bits fall off if you go round bends fast.

Disgusting behaviour and I'd say potentially unlawful, if I were Tesla I'd be demanding full page adverts in papers and an on-screen apology.

Comment

I hope they're forced to do an apology in an upcoming episode. Like someone said in the comments section of ChrisField's link, are all future reviews to include what would happen if a car runs out of petrol?

Comment

Top Gear episode this sunday is set in Vietnam and lasts for 75 mins. Just fyi but you guys probably already know

Comment

The BMW Hydrogen 7 as mentioned wasn't a production car though.

As for the Tesla 'feature', I agree, entertaining is fine but lies about someones business venture is a bit far.

Comment

Reminder that the Vietnam Special is on in 10 minutes.

Comment

balls! missed the first 25 minutes, when does it go up on i-player? (checked already not there yet) as i don't wanna watch the last part then have to go back to watch the beginning, would rather just wait a bit

Comment

hmm... well... as my wife put it "well that did that have to do with cars?"

Comment

I thought it was tomorrow. Ah well nevermind - I'll iplayer it later.

Comment

Who says it has to have anything to do with cars? The truck thing didn't. I thought it was boring though

Comment

Working...
                                X