No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else play 'spot the hottie' in the TG audience? Over Hammond's left shoulder during the 'news' there was a lovely blonde and dark haired girl standing next to each other. I wouldn't mind being the filling in a sandwich of those two

Comment

Thought it was one of the better episodes this week.

Did think of you when heard Lichfield mentioned Chris

Comment

i thought it was pretty poor with a ton of cool wall and news filler

Comment

I thought the whole episode was filler. Poor by their standards.

Comment

I think a large problem is that a lot of new car releases are covered while they're off air. The ISF was on Fifth Gear... what... 6 months ago? Maybe longer? Hell, I've even seen one on my road, so they're not exactly new.

Comment

I wonder why Jezza missed the race? Could be that he was busy filming his 'Thriller' DVD.

Comment

I liked it generally. Granted, the news was a bit long but the cool wall bit had me laughing. Really liked the Daytona article too.

Thought the 4 weeks of lead up to the punch line of the 'are you wearing that for a bet' gag weren't really worth it as the delivered it so poorly and just slipped it under the radar a little.

Comment

Can't stand the cool wall, they should have let burn down, the arguments they make for whether a car is cool or are completely inconsistant and that Alfa they put up is the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time. Kevin McCloud was fantastic though, can't believe he was so close to topping the leader board. That boat was pretty incredible too.

Comment

Loved the digs at Clarkson's black series Merc though. It's his new favourite I think. You guys probably know this, but the SIARPC lap time is the best sectors combined, not a true fastest lap, so a bit fake really. That's what I read anyway.

Alastair, is the MiTo a cool car in your opinion, having driven one? Looks like a mouse to me.

The Daytona was nice, if a bit Roverish.
                    Last edited by Richard.John; 02-12-2008, 08:42.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                      Does anyone else play 'spot the hottie' in the TG audience? Over Hammond's left shoulder during the 'news' there was a lovely blonde and dark haired girl standing next to each other. I wouldn't mind being the filling in a sandwich of those two
                      Haha... I thought it was only me. My mrs loves top gear and its the only bloke show I can get here to watch with me. I stupidly pointed out a few hotties last season and now every bloody time theres crowd shots she mentions it! Still doesnt stop me looking though! heheh.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        Haha... I thought it was only me. My mrs loves top gear and its the only bloke show I can get here to watch with me. I stupidly pointed out a few hotties last season and now every bloody time theres crowd shots she mentions it! Still doesnt stop me looking though! heheh.
                        The girl with the blue hair was amazing this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
                          Loved the digs at Clarkson's black series Merc though. It's his new favourite I think. You guys probably know this, but the SIARPC lap time is the best sectors combined, not a true fastest lap, so a bit fake really. That's what I read anyway.

Alastair, is the MiTo a cool car in your opinion, having driven one? Looks like a mouse to me.

The Daytona was nice, if a bit Roverish.
                          Clarkson bought a 'black' after getting it for his Thriller DVD I think. Sounds.So.Good. The merc, not the DVD!!

The Daytona was gorgeous, loved the interior too, and the sound in the tunnels.

Is the MiTo cool, YES. You wont know why, no matter how much I tell you, until you drive one (maybe seeing one in the flesh would be enough?) though I'm afraid. Everything about it was cool, except the damn electric steering, I'd quickly get used to that though. My mrs is still adamant that we're getting one, I'd have one but just don't want to buy new. I also want to try the Abarth 500 Essessse first. Same sort of engine setup but MORE POWER and probably a little lighter

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
                            You guys probably know this, but the SIARPC lap time is the best sectors combined, not a true fastest lap, so a bit fake really. That's what I read anyway.
                            I thought when they got the new car they changed the format to only counting their final lap (of 7 or something)? But I remember when Jay Kay was on, they used his fastest lap of day, which is pretty unfair considering the likes of Jimmy Carr are way down the board just because he cocked up his final lap.

Comment

I think it has always been fastest lap of the day. Never heard of totalling best sections and nor have I heard of just the time for the last lap. Every time I've heard mention of it it's always been the fastest of the 7/10 whatever they are allowed through the day.

Could be wrong though. McCloud(sp?) was great though.

Comment

They changed it when they brought in the Lacetti. It was the first episode of a new series and they had a bunch of people on (Jimmy Carr, James Hewitt, Rick Wakeman, Alan Davies, Trevor Eve, Justin Hawkins and some footballer).

EDIT: Looking on Wikipedia, it confirms it:

"The format was changed so that each star would have five practice laps, and then a final timed lap, with no allowance being given for mishaps."

"Jay Kay, who now holds the fastest time in the Lacetti, although Clarkson selected the fastest of Jay Kay's times rather than the last run, which was slower than Cowell's time."
                                Last edited by Roddie; 02-12-2008, 10:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X