No announcement yet.

New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably deciding what to do with the three episodes already filmed for the next series.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

If they're 3 stories rather than eps then they should be ok to air them. With the way each SJA story is split into 2 25 min episodes it would give them 6 weeks of show making for a shorter but still suitable length series to bow out on. I'd prefer it though if they filmed an extra story as a farewell with Matt Smith returning for a fitting send off of the character and showing (as much as a CBBC show can) him deal with her loss.

Comment

Yeah, the same thought crossed my mind... would they film something to send off the character (as well as Lis herself)? I'd like to think yes... and it would be a good way to show kids that losing someone close to them is perfectly natural in this world.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'm hoping so, even if it ends being mentioned in Who. Wouldn't seem right not to. Sat's ep of Who is going to carry a black screen dedication

Comment

The could do something great with the last story she filmed. Somehow rework it into a tribute special to send her off - appearances from lots of old and new cast members and such. She certainly deserves it.

Comment

I'm sooo happy. One day to go!!!

Comment

Well that was a really strong opener yet again - they weren't kidding about it being darker in tone

(Watchmen Dr Manhattan slo-mo style exploding FTW!)

It's the kind of episode that reminds me why Moffat is so good at Dr Who - the storylines have so many twists to them, somehow managing not be convoluted, and keeping you on your toes.

Comment

Good strong ep. Love those aliens, really creepy and the memory thing is a really interesting idea.

Comment

Man.

Will I ever watch another episode of Dr Who on TV? I miss it everytime.

Comment

>> BBC iplayer FTW

Comment

Absolutely brilliant. I did a proper arms in the air "nooooooooo!" when it suddenly ended and I knew I had to wait another week!

Comment

young girl at end river lady possibly ?

Comment

It was a great opener only offset by largely revolving around the Doctors fate which due to the last 3 years lore meant this doesn't fit right. That aside it seems to be erring back towards the Tennant era dramatic which I'm grateful for, Smith is really settled in now. Glad to see as part of the restyle they avoided changing the

regen effect

. After Tennants run I was hoping they wouldn't feel the need to change it due to the last ones scale.

Comment

I love temporal paradoxes.

If they were encountering a younger version of the Doctor wouldn't his face be different? Or does history re-write itself every time he regenerates? If the latter why don't the companions recognise him when he regenerates, i.e. Rose during the change from Ecclestone to Tenant?

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode and it was certainly a bit darker but still had some humourous bits in it and the 'memory' aliens are good.

Comment

That's just due to how long he's supposed to have been mucking around on his own In the mythology I think his Hartnell and McGann regens were supposed to be hundreds of years old too before dying. Of course that just helps to support the idea that this is part of events in times natural course and so he's bound to survive unscathed due to what we've been told happens in his future. It's one of the faults with Moffats methods of storytelling, he loves temporal set ups which means we know Rory, Amy and Rivers fates already with very strong hints about Smiths. In a way the show would already benefit from a cast change just so a sense of real danger and unknown could return

Comment

Working...
                                X