No announcement yet.

Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And do we need to mention the old man make-up?

Comment

Whilst watching it, I asked my friend "why did they get Guy Pierce to play the old guy, and have to do all that makeup, rather than just hiring an older actor?", and my friend said "I bet it's because at the end he will have his age reversed or something"

They sure showed him!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
        sorry but answers like "the black goo does different things to different organisms" are not answers to me. It's just proof of lazy writing and the writers pulled things out or thir arses without thought becuase they presumed people would think it cool.
        The black goo turns everything it touches, Engineers, humans and the worms to very hostile, biological weapons with a sole purpose to kill and survive. There's nothing self-contradictory about the black goo really.

Btw. I am not a huge fan of the film really, I thought it was ok entertainment and think that the Alien universe would have been better if left more mysterious.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          And do we need to mention the old man make-up?
          what about the "hey lets zap this decapitated head with electricity to make it move, it'll be awesome.. " like beavis & butthead do alien autopsy or something

what was the point of any of that scene?

Comment

Originally the plan was you were suppose to view his dream when he was a younger self loving up the ladies on a beautiful yacht.

Total film posted an article with answers to some of the questions. Some of which seem like pointless answers to questions we already knew the answers too. Still some nice ones.

Comment

They really should have kept the deleted scene with the entomologist in where he's chasing after the small alien creature to qualify the one where he and Fifield encounter the face hugger snake thing.

And the axe battle showdown between Shaw and the Engineer was a fair bit better than the theatrical version.

I do love this movie though, I don't see that anything needs be explained apart from a few silly scenes and some ropey dialogue there's nothing that's hard to understand sans some of David's motivations.

Comment

If i was David i would have put it in the booze as well. He was a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
                  If i was David i would have put it in the booze as well. He was a dick.
                  Yeah can agree with that, Holloway had it coming though I wonder, is that behaviour in David's make up, or perhaps he was under instruction to try out what the goo does.

Comment

how would that be possible since nobody knew what they were going to find when they got there

Comment

Originally posted by yvrmikiw View Post
                      how would that be possible since nobody knew what they were going to find when they got there
                      Weyland may have told him to do it? I'm leaning towards abstract behaviour though, Scott has form for retarded robots.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                        Weyland may have told him to do it?
                        I think that is the explanation. Weyland is searching for the key to eternal life, David reports to him about the goop but tells him his tests haven't found anything conclusive yet, so Weyland tells him to "try harder". Which leads to David deciding to test it out the goop a human guinea pig to see what effect it has.

Comment

This is obviously going to have a sequel isn't it? Because there are loads of those spaceships and the one we saw at the start of Alien hasn't been touched on yet.

I enjoyed it, but had loads of questions.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            This is obviously going to have a sequel isn't it? Because there are loads of those spaceships and the one we saw at the start of Alien hasn't been touched on yet.

I enjoyed it, but had loads of questions.
                            The ship from this film is the one from Alien isn't it?. That was the whole point of this being made in the first place.

I know that doesn't make sense because the engineer wasn't in that ship when he died, but then none of the film does make sense as we have already established.
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 14-10-2012, 17:23.

Comment

It's certainly not the one that they crashed their Weyland ship into, because it's the wrong planet (LV-426)

And the one in Alien has the Engineer sitting in the chair with the chest burster, so it's not the one that they left in at the end.

So it must be somthing new that we haven't seen yet.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                It's certainly not the one that they crashed their Weyland ship into, because it's the wrong planet (LV-426)

And the one in Alien has the Engineer sitting in the chair with the chest burster, so it's not the one that they left in at the end.

So it must be somthing new that we haven't seen yet.
                                But in Alien don't they investigate the homing beacon from the Prometheus? Or have I just imagined that?

Comment

Working...
                                X