Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I can't believe Riddy made this pile of crap and lowered his mighty standards so much . I hope to GOD he doesn't ruin the update to Bladerunner now (still the best film ever made imo)
    He already made a much worse film with G.I. Jane.

Comment

He's made a few clangers. I think what has become apparent with Ridley Scott that he is an incredible visual director and can take a good script and make an amazing movie from it. But he's not a script guy and so is at the mercy of the material he has to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
        He already made a much worse film with G.I. Jane.
        Oh yes fair point

Comment

I'd say GI Jane is reasonable until the mental ending hyper cam scene.

Comment

Got this Sat on 2D Blu-Ray looks brilliant. Saw the making of which was 3hrs 40 mins which is only in the 3D Blu-Ry or Steel Book edition. Was intersting and shed some light on why some plot holes exist due to script rewrites. Looking forward to the commentaries on the Blu-Ray with script people and Scott's. Thought they should have left in the Axe scene from Deleted scenes and longer David one at the end. Guess they cut due to the film feeling too long. The axe part especially had quite a lot of tension imo.

Comment

Whereas the dream sequence at the beginning was CRUCIAL to the plot, wasn't overly long, and was utterly impossible to cut without ruining the film. Great editing choices all round.

Comment

Watched this tonight, really enjoyed it. Took it as a prequel to Alien and it worked nicely for me. Mediocre characters and script but great audio visuals and an interesting ending worked for me.
                I don't look to deep into movies mind, I find it quite funny when people do as I swear they are largely mindless entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  Watched this tonight, really enjoyed it. Took it as a prequel to Alien and it worked nicely for me. Mediocre characters and script but great audio visuals and an interesting ending worked for me.
                  I don't look to deep into movies mind, I find it quite funny when people do as I swear they are largely mindless entertainment.
                  The problem wasnt so much that the film is mindless, but that its presented in such a pretentious and philosophical way. The film is so riddled with holes and unintentionally funny moments, its a complete hammy mess, but the film makers seemed to think they were making somthing deep and meaningful.

Its a bit embaressing really. Plus Alien never needed a prequel anyway, they ruined the back story of the series for many people, while also confusing the hell out of them from a continuity standpoint.
                  Last edited by rmoxon; 27-05-2013, 05:05.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                    Its a bit embaressing really. Plus Alien never needed a prequel anyway, they ruined the back story of the series for many people, while also confusing the hell out of them from a continuity standpoint.
                    You can just personally refuse to accept what the back-story is or not. Like I do with the Star Wars films.

Comment

There's only really Alien and Aliens that are the genuine films.

All the other films are fan-fiction and the events they tell never really happened.

Comment

That's probably a good way of looking at it. I like alien 3, I even enjoy Alien Resurection, but even those two films don't quite sit properly other the original two films, they feel like the same story but are just one step too far.

Prometheus is a whole other beast entierly though, it basically takes the series and ruins it on purpose. It would t have been a very good stand alone film, but as a prequel it's just a disaster.

Comment

I enjoyed it as a movie, but I tend to turn off my brain when watching most things these days.

Comment

I tried to turn off my brain and succeeded for maybe half an hour or so but the film beat me over the head with its stupidity so hard and so frequently that my brain woke up, screamed and ran from my skull to hide. Luckily I managed to see Fast & Furious 6 before I found it again.

Comment

I've been watching Fringe to bring my brain back to life but the unfortunate side-effect is a strong desire to take hallucinogenic substances.

Charlize Theron

Comment

I enjoyed Prometheus - and it's set up nicely for an interesting sequel. I love Alien & Aliens - Alien 3 is decent, and Resurrection is ok. It's a shame that so many people hate Prometheus and flamed the creators sooo much.

I can see a few negatives in the film, but overall.. it was a good Part 1 of what is most likely envisioned as a trilogy. I could talk about why I think that, but people who appreciate Prometheus will understand that it's clearly a Part 1 - and what the sequel would be about, and why.. there would most probably be a third part. I wish they had made 3 parts and released them once a year - like LOTR.

Comment

Working...
                                X