Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
    I know that doesn't make sense because the engineer wasn't in that ship when he died, but then none of the film does make sense as we have already established.
    Or maybe you don't understand the film?

Or they just left the answer to a sequel. The ship from Alien is on a different planet (LV-426) than Prometheus (LV-233).

Comment

You're right, like many people I don't understand the film. Especially considering the whole point of it was suppose to be how we were going to see what that happened on that ship from Alien.

now I'm being told it made even less sense than I thought it did, and wasn't even about what the film makers said it was about.

Comment

Dig up some quotes then from the makers before the release to back your claims.

'Cause to my knowledge Ridley Scott never said "this is an Alien movie and we're gonna show and explain everything that happened before the original Alien."

Comment

Oh it was. But it went through so many dramatic rewrites it ended up becoming what it is today, they probably ended up saying that after the mess they went with.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
            They really should have kept the deleted scene with the entomologist in where he's chasing after the small alien creature to qualify the one where he and Fifield encounter the face hugger snake thing.

And the axe battle showdown between Shaw and the Engineer was a fair bit better than the theatrical version.

I do love this movie though, I don't see that anything needs be explained apart from a few silly scenes and some ropey dialogue there's nothing that's hard to understand sans some of David's motivations.
            Deleted scenes sound cool can't wait to watch on Blu Ray in 2D, bet it looks fantastic.

Comment

I don't think this has been posted, but it's an interesting read!

Comment

I've got a good answer to that question: I don't give a **** because I paid to see a movie that makes sense, not one that possibly makes sense with further purchases.

P.S. I didn't pay to see it.

Comment

This was the prequels prequel

this is the prequel

Comment

any good deals on the 3d blu ray about ?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I don't think this has been posted, but it's an interesting read!

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/2298...%99s-mysteries
                      That article makes it sound like a total train wreck. Like at some point they may (or may not) have had a script that worked and then they changed it and changed it until no reason for any action in the script remained. Almost no reasons for anything they bring up there have any relevance to the actual film they released.

Whatever about writing a movie, the big mystery for me is how they got someone to write a cheque for the movie without a working script.

Comment

It sounds like that folding story game where someone writes a paragraph of a story then folds the paper and passes it on to the next person to do the same.

There's a sheet of excellent ideas, but more often than not, the story doesn't really make sense!

Comment

It wasn't even the story as much as the characters that annoyed me. They act like any other set of idiots from a braindead blockbuster or cliched horror film. Whatever retarded action is required to add suspense or lead to the next special effects shot, yeah, just have them do that. Electrocute the ancient alien artifact? Sure. Stroke the evil snake thing? Why not!

What really struck me though was another call back to Alien. When they get back to the ship, and Charlize Theron won't let them in because douchebrain is infected. The audience is meant to side with the douchebrains because, well, no reason other than that they're the protagonists. Why won't that bitch let in the infected crew and jeopardise the mission ffs!? She's evil, you see. Did you get that? To hell with her evil logic!

Now look at a similar scene in the original Alien. The crew come back from the derelict ship and John Hurt has a face hugger on his bonce. And Ripley won't let them into the ship because she knows that would be a threat to them all. Ripley. THE ****ING PROTAGONIST!

Witness the dumbing down of American cinema.

Comment

I can't believe Riddy made this pile of crap and lowered his mighty standards so much . I hope to GOD he doesn't ruin the update to Bladerunner now (still the best film ever made imo)

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                              Witness the dumbing down of American cinema.
                              I already witnessed that with Weekend At Bernies 2.

Comment

Home come Bernie didn't have rigor mortis by the sequel?

Even a voodoo ceremony wouldn't be able to resolve that problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X