No announcement yet.

Star Wars Episode 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing will make me believe again .... NOTHING!

It didn't look terrible though🙈

Comment

I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed grown ups having to light another pyre to destroy their Star Wars tat... again.

Comment

Just been thinking any film company that releases the film on the day star wars is released really needs there head examined

Comment

That happened to Sorcerer when the original Star Wars came out, how were they to know. Excellent film though that went under the radar.

Comment

Was watching NFL Monday night football anyhow, so I stayed up til halftime so I could catch the trailer first (about 3am here). Abrams isn't giving a lot away, and I agree, it's structured so that you understand who the three main protagonists will be. Han's role in the film seems to be taking Finn and Rey to where they need to get to, and telling them all the mis-information and myths spread in the 20 years since the Empire fell about the Jedi are actually real. Cos Luke's his best bud (after Chewie).

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
            Just been thinking any film company that releases the film on the day star wars is released really needs there head examined
            So the people behind the latest Alvin and the Chipmunks film, then?
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

There are probably execs who know they have a stinker on their hands and this is the perfect excuse for it underperforming.

I mean Chipmunks, not Star Wars. Obviously.

Comment

There are stories about what happened.

It's true; all of it.

What, even the bit abo...

ALL OF IT!

But surely, the bit about J...

ALL. OF. IT.

So... Jar Jar Binks was real... It didn't seem possible.

Trailer was a bit disappointing apart from Han's appearance and that's just nostalgia. Still, going in expecting garbage means there's a chance I'll be pleasantly surprised I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Trailer was a bit disappointing apart from Han's appearance and that's just nostalgia. Still, going in expecting garbage means there's a chance I'll be pleasantly surprised I suppose.
                  Trailer was amazing. I don't understand the cynicism. I'm a blind Star Wars fan, so I guess that's it.

Comment

Compare to this:

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      Compare to this:
                      Man, that brings back some memories.

A few things spring to mind:

1. Weird to think I had that on VHS taped off TV. It was probably the last time I ever recorded something like that.
                      2. I remember hearing reports that in the USA, they had to tell people they were playing the trailer both before and after films - as they had too many people go in, watch the trailer, then walk out - just to see it.
                      3. The Star Wars music can make anything seem amazing. It's incredible.
                      4. Even now, it still doesn't look like Star Wars. I remember being massively hyped at the time and loving the trailer, but even as an eager 15 year-old, I thought the only bits which looked right were those on Tattooine.
                      5. Why is a kid piloting a ship? **** then, **** now, surely **** idea to anyone who wasn't a Lucas yes-man.
                      6. Awful looking Yoda. At least they went back and fixed that for the DVD release. He just looks dreadful.
                      7. The field battle just looks worse, and it wasn't great back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Man, that brings back some memories.

A few things spring to mind:

1. Weird to think I had that on VHS taped off TV. It was probably the last time I ever recorded something like that.
                        2. I remember hearing reports that in the USA, they had to tell people they were playing the trailer both before and after films - as they had too many people go in, watch the trailer, then walk out - just to see it.
                        3. The Star Wars music can make anything seem amazing. It's incredible.
                        4. Even now, it still doesn't look like Star Wars. I remember being massively hyped at the time and loving the trailer, but even as an eager 15 year-old, I thought the only bits which looked right were those on Tattooine.
                        5. Why is a kid piloting a ship? **** then, **** now, surely **** idea to anyone who wasn't a Lucas yes-man.
                        6. Awful looking Yoda. At least they went back and fixed that for the DVD release. He just looks dreadful.
                        7. The field battle just looks worse, and it wasn't great back then.
                        I think Lucas had an incredibly difficult task, essentially creating a backstory from scratch, that even came close to the success of EP4 onwards. Regarding Ep1 - Most people snivelled because there were no stormtroopers/x wing/tie fighters/empire etc in it....

i think in the Star wars fraternity, its cool to hate Ep1. Thought it was decent myself (bar jar jar). Pod racing and duel lightsabres battles were the high points. I think its a much more kid friendly movie as well - i remember seeing a poll years ago of pre 10 year olds who watched Ep1 and Ep4; Most prefered Ep1.

From the new Ep7 trailer -the only thing that is attracting me to it, is references from the older movies - tie fighters/x wings etc, being in my 40's. Will it be enough though? Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          I think Lucas had an incredibly difficult task, essentially creating a backstory from scratch, that even came close to the success of EP4 onwards. Regarding Ep1 - Most people snivelled because there were no stormtroopers/x wing/tie fighters/empire etc in it....
                          I would be more sympathetic if he didn't make a huge deal, in the 2 years or so up to the release of the film, about having the story planned out ever since Ep4.

I think its a much more kid friendly movie as well - i remember seeing a poll years ago of pre 10 year olds who watched Ep1 and Ep4; Most prefered Ep1.
                          That isn't a measure of quality though.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

That isn't a measure of quality though.
                            it is through the eyes of a 10 year old. They are kids movies at the end of the day, although nostalgia also plays a massive part, bulking the franchise, from those who grew up in the 70's

A cheap and nasty looking 4" figure for the kids for a tenner or a gentle giant high quality figurine for ?120 for the adult 'collectors'

a superb example of marketing the same product for two sectors

Comment

it is through the eyes of a 10 year old. They are kids movies at the end of the day, although nostalgia also plays a massive part, bulking the franchise, from those who grew up in the 70's

A cheap and nasty looking 4" figure for the kids for a tenner or a gentle giant high quality figurine for ?120 for the adult 'collectors'

a superb example of marketing the same product for two sectors
                              I like the lore and music in Star Wars but as someone that didn't grow up with them, I don't think they are great films. Lots of poor acting in the older ones and characters like C3PO are just as bad as Jar Jar Binks. I don't get the hate for the original (newer one) trilogy as a result.

New movie looks great though.
                              Last edited by nakamura; 21-10-2015, 16:12.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                I like the lore and music in Star Wars but as someone that didn't grow up with them, I don't think they are great films. Lots of poor acting in the older ones and characters like C3PO are just as bad as Jar Jar Binks. I don't get the hate for the original (newer one) trilogy as a result.

New movie looks great though.
                                Spot on post .

Comment

Working...
                                X